Art Bell, Paranormal Radio Show Host, Dies on Friday the 13th at Age 72

SuperCourse

It's About The Borders - Idiot
Credits
Art Bell, a self-proclaimed expert on the paranormal who hosted a popular syndicated radio show for decades, has died at the age of 72 — on Friday the 13th, appropriately enough.

Bell died in his home in Pahrump, Nevada, according to the Nye County sheriff’s office.

635698332864087907-ABELL.jpg

Now that is sad news. I was a Coast to Coast listener for years. Art Bell's show came on about the same time as I got off from working the swing shift at Roadway. I would listen all the way home during my 55 mile commute. If it was an interesting night of Art Bell, I would sit and listen in my driveway all the way to the end of his program. I still have my Y2K emergency kit. RIP Art Bell.

Last edited:
Now that is sad news. I was a Coast to Coast listener for years. Art Bell's show came on about the same time as I got off from working the swing shift at Roadway. I would listen all the way home during my 55 mile commute. If it was an interesting night of Art Bell I would sit in my driveway all the way to the end of his program. I still have my Y2K emergency kit. RIP Art Bell.

I was linehaul, worked mostly nights, spent many hours listening to Art Bell. He was unique. At 3am on a lonely 2 lane road he could get your imagination going. You didn't have to believe, you just had to open your mind to the possibility. Thanks Art Bell, RIP.