Holland | Article About Holland

YRCW are just greedy a-holes , the Driver's saved them with our -15% pay cuts and the upper management gets BIG BONUS and we got the shaft and when they bought Holland and ruined us , by taking -15 pay , lost weeks vacation time , lost pension ,and divided our work force so now everybody hates each other and fight daily and Driver moral is at a all time low . Holland was the best company to work for before yrcw !!

they barely mention the debt, its a billion dollars with a company that if it does make a profit its a few million at most.. the debt will be around for another 40 yrs.

they barely mention the debt, its a billion dollars with a company that if it does make a profit its a few million at most.. the debt will be around for another 40 yrs.
Other than the debt, is there anything else that is not accurate? I have editor's that trim article down to under 1,000 words Max. Thanks

Is that inaccurate, about Holland? Most of the information come from the YRC Website, also I have editors that cut things out. It can't be more than 1,000 words and to try to explain a company of that size in a thousand words is not easy. Any suggestions or anything inaccurate please let me know at [email protected] Would also like to note that I did ask for any information and help on the YRC forum and was told by a moderator and one other guy to basically go away, other drivers simply said they didn't know the answers. They were kept in the dark, which I completely understand, as I worked for CCX then Con-Way as a PM Linehaul Driver for 31 years. I simply asked how many terminals YRC had, if they had seen an increase in freight levels in 4th Quarter and if they had raised their rates? 2 guys were not friendly at those questions but others were fine, this was a week before I wrote that article. I should have ask on the Holland site, New Penn and Reddaway instead of just YRC only

Is that inaccurate, about Holland? Most of the information come from the YRC Website, also I have editors that cut things out. It can't be more than 1,000 words and to try to explain a company of that size in a thousand words is not easy. Any suggestions or anything inaccurate please let me know at [email protected] Would also like to note that I did ask for any information and help on the YRC forum and was told by a moderator and one other guy to basically go away, other drivers simply said they didn't know the answers. They were kept in the dark, which I completely understand, as I worked for CCX then Con-Way as a PM Linehaul Driver for 31 years. I simply asked how many terminals YRC had, if they had seen an increase in freight levels in 4th Quarter and if they had raised their rates? 2 guys were not friendly at those questions but others were fine, this was a week before I wrote that article. I should have ask on the Holland site, New Penn and Reddaway instead of just YRC only

alot of that would depend on what terminal theyre out of but i think everyone would agree your article is rather positive, our ceo and executives get huge multi million dollar bonuses while we are on a paycut. i would say system wide the morale is negative but as far as freight, we have alot and overtime is up in this area to where theyre bringing in outside carriers to deliver the freight again due to not having enough people and not being able to retain drivers due to pay and excessive overtime.

glossing over that much debt with so little profit seems a little misleading considering youre pushing it as a buy, i havent met more than a few drivers who own yrcw stock and id say its going NOWHERE until they pay down the debt by a large margin and start paying their drivers what theyre worth, not 6-7$hr under what competition pays. im going to make 78k this yr but if you saw how much overtime i have done you would laugh, nobody should work that much. slaves in siberia dont work that much.

Last edited:
I keep seeing non-Holland trucks pulling Holland trailers. WTH is going on there? It appears as though your contract isn't worth the paper that it's written on.
How Hoffa could even receive 10% of the freight division vote is beyond me.
:regretful:

I keep seeing non-Holland trucks pulling Holland trailers. WTH is going on there? It appears as though your contract isn't worth the paper that it's written on.
How Hoffa could even receive 10% of the freight division vote is beyond me.
:regretful:
Every one is working, purchase transportation is allowed.

Is freight still sitting against the fence or not?
Someone isn't being truthful. If everyone is working and you need sub-service pulling your loads, that's fine, but why are you using non union help? And since there isn't many opportunity to grow the Union membership, wouldn't this be a golden opportunity?

Someone isn't being truthful. If everyone is working and you need sub-service pulling your loads, that's fine, but why are you using non union help? And since there isn't many opportunity to grow the Union membership, wouldn't this be a golden opportunity?
The United slate has room on the bus for you, for there next campaign. Canada needs your representation.

Btdt first hand. I was involved with an organizing campaign with laxne. Won the vote, international said good luck,offered no help, local got left to whither on the vine while the company put out big bucks to stonewall.

It's easier to win bus drivers, I don't know what's in their contract, but there was always a guy at meetings asking why he still didnt have health insurance, so I'm sure it's a real tough contract for first student to deal with.

Btdt first hand. I was involved with an organizing campaign with laxne. Won the vote, international said good luck,offered no help, local got left to whither on the vine while the company put out big bucks to stonewall.

It's easier to win bus drivers, I don't know what's in their contract, but there was always a guy at meetings asking why he still didnt have health insurance, so I'm sure it's a real tough contract for first student to deal with.
Well ,a local has to ask for help with a campaign from the IBT and then they take over.Most small locals have limited resources.Land Air was not going to sign a contract with The IBT under any circumstances.You were at the end of the line for them .They just closed you guys down and ran every thing out of Syracuse.Sorry but no interest in any other terminals.That was a fight nobody was going to win.Sad but true.

I guess you like the koolaid.
Let's add a little substance to your weak attempt at an insult.
Let's talk Kool Aid..........

"Kool Aid" is a reference to the Jim Jones Cult members being dumb enough to follow Jones to death, after he sold them on drinking tainted Kool Aid. {They all died after drinking it.}

Now.....
This subject started with the value of your contract.

The contract is a piece of :crap:.
The Union leadership is :crap:.
Employee morale is :crap:.

And the reason Employee morale is :crap:, is because the contract and the Union leadership is :crap:.

Your argument isn't with me, it's with your own co-workers on this here website. The posts on here indicate that most people are fuming over everything under the sun at Holland, and it all goes back to having a :crap: contract.

Yet you personally, are trying to sell the nons on what a great contract you have.

If you like your contract, have you been challenging everyone who has posted the negative stuff on here that the rest of us all read?
Or is this just one of those "I'm going to defend and support the Union to gather support from the boys" situations?

Either way, it means nothing to me. But good luck trying to sell the :crap: sandwich that Hoffa has created.

And if you like the contract, I'm obligated to say....."Oh, so you're the one". {Because nobody else likes it.}

The United slate has room on the bus for you, for there next campaign. Canada needs your representation.
I read in a different thread where Canada is getting blamed for Hoffa's re-election. Let me guess, nobody from America voted for Hoffa?......again.
:biglaugh:

"Kool Aid" is a reference to the Jim Jones Cult members being dumb enough to follow Jones to death, after he sold them on drinking tainted Kool Aid. {They all died after drinking it.}

Now.....

And the reason Employee morale is :crap:, is because the contract and the Union leadership is :crap:.

Your argument isn't with me, it's with your own co-workers on this here website. The posts on here indicate that most people are fuming over everything under the sun at Holland, and it all goes back to having a :crap: contract.

Yet you personally, are trying to sell the nons on what a great contract you have.

If you like your contract, have you been challenging everyone who has posted the negative stuff on here that the rest of us all read?
Or is this just one of those "I'm going to defend and support the Union to gather support from the boys" situations?

Either way, it means nothing to me. But good luck trying to sell the :crap: sandwich that Hoffa has created.

And if you like the contract, I'm obligated to say....."Oh, so you're the one". {Because nobody else likes it.}

Now.....

They voted and so approved