Article About Holland

Discussion in 'Holland' started by WHO KNOWS105, Dec 10, 2016.

1. roadboss

roadboss Well-Known Member

Canada in overwhelming numbers voted for Hoffa .I guess they saved the best for last

2. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

:horseshit:, we had interest in nj, and we had leverage with other carriers we interlined with.

3. buffalobill

They never shut down buffalo either, and Avenel nj had previously won a union vote. We interlined with lakeville motor express. Maybe they would be in a better spot if the international had cared. Not to mention, our Canadian interlines were also teamsters.

4. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

While I do agree with majority of what your saying. The lack of membership involvement is what allows the BS to go on at the local level. Job fearing measters with high seniority look just to keep doors open til retirement is our biggest issues. I'm personally seeing with my own eyes at my barn. City and road men not filing on out of classification violations when seeing other guys actually winning their grievances. I'm hoping tide is turning we voted a new slate in. Myself and another driver our taking new guys out to eat on our dime to show the teamster values and why work rules and contract is they way it is. I can truly say it worked. Jr men with year or less time in file more now than Sr guys now. If we take time out and at least try to put new guys under our wings their maybe a chance with them instead of looking down for where they come from and say the old holland wouldn't hire these back in the day. Times have changed trucking at like it used to be. I can say I put in a little work with these new guys and seeing positive results.

pops11359 and Northern Flash like this.
  5. buffalobill

I wouldn't waste the time, the tide isn't turning. If it was, the locals would have guys down at the break rooms and parking lots soliciting grievances.

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Typically, the guys from the locals only show their faces around election time and since grievances require extra work and effort, they won't solicit any, even when they know about the violations.

7. buffalobill

They know about all t g e bs that goes on. It doesn't affect the dues coming in, so who cares.