Holland | Article About Holland

Well ,a local has to ask for help with a campaign from the IBT and then they take over.Most small locals have limited resources.Land Air was not going to sign a contract with The IBT under any circumstances.You were at the end of the line for them .They just closed you guys down and ran every thing out of Syracuse.Sorry but no interest in any other terminals.That was a fight nobody was going to win.Sad but true.

Bullshit, we had interest in nj, and we had leverage with other carriers we interlined with.

They never shut down buffalo either, and Avenel nj had previously won a union vote. We interlined with lakeville motor express. Maybe they would be in a better spot if the international had cared. Not to mention, our Canadian interlines were also teamsters.

Let's add a little substance to your weak attempt at an insult.
Let's talk Kool Aid..........

"Kool Aid" is a reference to the Jim Jones Cult members being dumb enough to follow Jones to death, after he sold them on drinking tainted Kool Aid. {They all died after drinking it.}

Now.....
This subject started with the value of your contract.

The contract is a piece of :crap:.
The Union leadership is :crap:.
Employee morale is :crap:.

And the reason Employee morale is :crap:, is because the contract and the Union leadership is :crap:.

Your argument isn't with me, it's with your own co-workers on this here website. The posts on here indicate that most people are fuming over everything under the sun at Holland, and it all goes back to having a :crap: contract.

Yet you personally, are trying to sell the nons on what a great contract you have.

If you like your contract, have you been challenging everyone who has posted the negative stuff on here that the rest of us all read?
Or is this just one of those "I'm going to defend and support the Union to gather support from the boys" situations?

Either way, it means nothing to me. But good luck trying to sell the :crap: sandwich that Hoffa has created.

And if you like the contract, I'm obligated to say....."Oh, so you're the one". {Because nobody else likes it.}
While I do agree with majority of what your saying. The lack of membership involvement is what allows the BS to go on at the local level. Job fearing measters with high seniority look just to keep doors open til retirement is our biggest issues. I'm personally seeing with my own eyes at my barn. City and road men not filing on out of classification violations when seeing other guys actually winning their grievances. I'm hoping tide is turning we voted a new slate in. Myself and another driver our taking new guys out to eat on our dime to show the teamster values and why work rules and contract is they way it is. I can truly say it worked. Jr men with year or less time in file more now than Sr guys now. If we take time out and at least try to put new guys under our wings their maybe a chance with them instead of looking down for where they come from and say the old holland wouldn't hire these back in the day. Times have changed trucking at like it used to be. I can say I put in a little work with these new guys and seeing positive results.

I wouldn't waste the time, the tide isn't turning. If it was, the locals would have guys down at the break rooms and parking lots soliciting grievances.

I wouldn't waste the time, the tide isn't turning. If it was, the locals would have guys down at the break rooms and parking lots soliciting grievances.
Typically, the guys from the locals only show their faces around election time and since grievances require extra work and effort, they won't solicit any, even when they know about the violations.

Typically, the guys from the locals only show their faces around election time and since grievances require extra work and effort, they won't solicit any, even when they know about the violations.

They know about all t g e bs that goes on. It doesn't affect the dues coming in, so who cares.