Estes | As trucking companies merge, Estes aims for independence

Good article. Thanks. We need to learn more about ltl trucking's past to give us some insite where we might be headed. Don't work for Estes but enjoy this type of article. Big mergers are not always best. It's good to see a company remain independent these days.

There is rumor estes is going to be put with ups freight to counter the purchase of watkins by fedex. This is only a rumor that i've heard from drivers. Some are saying hearing from estes drivers also.

misfit73 said:
There is rumor estes is going to be put with ups freight to counter the purchase of watkins by fedex. This is only a rumor that i've heard from drivers. Some are saying hearing from estes drivers also.
UPSF employee. I heard the same thing.

misfit73 said:

I seriously doubt they would buy Estes. We are already a long haul trucking company. We are in Canada. I just don't see that happening.

Who put that rumor out, ROB? Might keep Estes West drivers around a little longer to see. I hope they do, we'll be one big happy family

Skeeter said:
I seriously doubt they would buy Estes. We are already a long haul trucking company. We are in Canada. I just don't see that happening.
I heard they were interested but Estes said no but many things are said these days only time will tell :bgroovy:

gearshifter said:
I heard they were interested but Estes said no but many things are said these days only time will tell :bgroovy:
We should all call Richmond and tell Rob to reconsider. I could see Fedex National potentially hurting Estes with their longhaul freight as well as UPSF when they get their ball rolling. :tribehasspoken:

jawn113 said:
We should all call Richmond and tell Rob to reconsider. I could see Fedex National potentially hurting Estes with their longhaul freight as well as UPSF when they get their ball rolling. :tribehasspoken:

Potentially would be an understatement. I have said since day 1 of the buyout that he is probably building this company up for maximum sale price. Don't see him hanging onto it because the big boys can force him out any time. They have the money to take freight at a loss just to keep it from him if they wanted to. Estes is not a threat in the least to the big boys

jawn113 said:

Just another reason to join big purple!

MTHelmet said:
Potentially would be an understatement. I have said since day 1 of the buyout that he is probably building this company up for maximum sale price. Don't see him hanging onto it because the big boys can force him out any time. They have the money to take freight at a loss just to keep it from him if they wanted to. Estes is not a threat in the least to the big boys
I think it's more a threat on the west coast versus the east. Estes has a strong following back east and none of the big boys move freight at a loss at all. They either make a profit or they don't haul it. If he's gonna sell, by all means sell!