ASK ABF & YRC how they like their representation. ABF's new contract 7% reduction $

Bruins44

TB Lurker
Credits
This is direct from Transport Topics. No lies no BS just the facts!

The Teamsters union said its committee for negotiating the contract with ABF Freight System Inc. voted to accept the carrier’s offer for the last remaining provision in the contract after Central Region workers voted against authorizing a strike.

After the vote was announced Oct. 29, members of the master negotiating committee for the five-year contract met by phone to accept what ABF said was its “last and final offer” on the Central Region Cartage supplement, the Teamsters said in an Oct. 30 statement.

The Central Region Cartage supplement was the last of the agreements that the less-than-truckload carrier and the Teamsters could not agree on after a June union vote on the contract, ABF said in an Oct. 29 statement. The new contract will be implemented in the next few days.

The strike authorization vote and negotiating committee votes are required under the Teamsters’ constitution, it said.

The five-year contract includes a 7% wage reduction. Since it cannot take effect until all side agreements are approved, the previous contract had been extended one month at a time since June.

In the strike authorization vote, 77% of eligible employees participated, and 70% of them voted against the strike.

“We have now arrived at a point where, simply put, there is nothing left to negotiate with this employer and no desire for a strike in the Central Region based on the vote we received yesterday from the affected membership,” Gordon Sweeton, co-chairman of the Teamsters negotiating committee, said in the statement. “The responsible course of action is to finalize the agreement.”

I guess this is the NCT Regional Guy that told his Woman (NCT local driver) not to sign for the 107,with the handle Bruins44,at least ABF has had raises in the past 5 1/2 years. :fingure:

Bruins44 ask your Girlfriend why she has blocked some drivers off the Facebook page? Rename the page and don't call it NCT for past and present drivers because it's only really for anti union members. Ya think that's going to stop the Union? THINK AGAIN...

Thanks for the information. That was explained to us at the October teamster meeting. We are well aware of the situation at ABF where 1 terminal was holding out against the National Master Freight Agreement. However, ABF is far larger company then NCT and to this day I haven't heard or read of any management in their company taking bonuses as their members take a 7% wage reduction. As far as the 7% wage reduction however, it will be recouped over the life of the agreement with incremental annual wage increases. The agreement also contains provisions to provide for bonuses in the event the company reaches certain national operating performance standards. The agreement does require the company to continue to participate in the same Health, Welfare, and Pension programs and provides contribution increases in order to maintain benefit levels retroactive to August 1.
So get it straight instead of focusing on the 7% reduction which was voted for by the drivers, read a little further next time.

All I have to say it is what it is! ABF will still be getting full pension payments regardless and the concessionized money will be back eventually .YRC employees are getting it handed to them because of moron management having eyes bigger than their stomach. All the boneheads that caused that are gone or dead, but you know what even the way it is now at YRC it is a hell of a lot better than at NCT I am sure of that and all these antiunion statements. The haters are only seeing the side of the glass being half full. Be in a union is worth it in my view plain and simple! that is why there is chocolate and vanilla.:usa: It is your choice if you want to improve your quality of life?

What nobody ever mentions when they talk about concessions is...that 7% was taken from over .60 a mile. So instead of making 100k, the driver will make
93k.....it's not taking 7% from an already ridiculously low wage of say, .40.....big difference

Teamster+Protester_360_442.jpg

She will be working at a new job in Dec because she will never be allowed to work in a union job .old school removal .you remember those days ????

they probably blocked those people because they found out that document the union was circulating was "Doctored." Hoovers doesnt have the information on there that provides those stats especially when a company is private... you guys used a template then interpreted whatever info you could get to rally your cause

that is pretty low to copy and paste BS into an official document and make it look like hoovers composed the document for you... i was on the teamster FB page checking things out and the font is all wrong, now that you look at it,...its pretty obvious

Come on guys thats ridiculous, i was going to at least consider reading up on the union details a bit more

no its not, MY FACTS ARE STRAIGHT

i just looked at the 2009 IPO...the company is NOT public, the BONUS in the document is totally wrong, whoever copy and pasted that font is a moron

it states very clearly what is in there.

The union should be ASHAMED of doing that, we get your cause but thats a garbage tactic

she will be working at a new job in dec because she will never be allowed to work in a union job .old school removal .you remember those days ????

wow not a week into this and your already showing your true colors!! Thugs why dont you man up and tell her this to her face. I will tell you why you have no balls and hide behind message boards and face book and an outdated idea that a union can get blood from a stone !!

I know who that she is and now i will make sure every driver in the terminal knows you are trying to intimidate her. Lets see how that plays tough guy.

Why dont you try to stick to the facts & try to understand that what you are doing is bad for all of the local drivers and bad for the other 1300 employees that work here. Wake up now because in december it might be too late!!

thats because i think folks are realizing their ****ty tactics...that whole fake document really came to light today, and your attacking women in trucking??

GTFO

Man you management guys just don't give up do you. That information can be purchased on line for 49.00. And since you seem to be spreading your uneducated statement on different posts I'll repeat what I just responded to you on (The truth and nothing but the truth) Those documents have been reviewed by lawyers before that info was released! I just cannot believe that even after seeing those figures your still standing up for NCT because any driver in his right mind, I'm sorry I forgot you aren't a driver) but any driver would realize how management GREED exists here at NCT. And furthermore while we are on the subject of Facebook pages, The administrators of The members only NCT Facebook evidently couldn't face up to the truth and eliminated that very post on their page, Wake up

the members of the NCT facebook page are not management , and the post got removed because apparently it was FAKE, why is the font false? why are the ledgers off? o wait because NCT management just showed us the exact Hoover report you buought for $50, and how it looks is nothing like what your posting...

you guys really are scumbags

First of all I never said the people on the page were management I was referring to you and your cronies Drive and Drive AlBorland. So that goes to show you that you evidently can't read either! And by the way you are some of the lowest form of mgmnt at NCT. When's the next cigarette break? Or are you using your company desk top. They would not appreciate that! By the way sorry to hear about your mentor leaving! And by the way the administrator of this site just recently posted that the language your using is not allowed, Straighten that out ok! Have a great day!

lmao, cigarette break? come on,...well now at least i know where my money goes if the union gets in, to people trolling online, some random at the union office sucking up dues to spread lies and deceit about the company,

but hey the union needs $$ to keep going

I really do hope that is this day and age, you're not trying to intimidate a woman because of her sex and not allow her to work a union job because of her views. That would be horrendous indeed. Embarrassing and disgusting.

Man you management guys just don't give up do you. That information can be purchased on line for 49.00. And since you seem to be spreading your uneducated statement on different posts I'll repeat what I just responded to you on (The truth and nothing but the truth) Those documents have been reviewed by lawyers before that info was released! I just cannot believe that even after seeing those figures your still standing up for NCT because any driver in his right mind, I'm sorry I forgot you aren't a driver) but any driver would realize how management GREED exists here at NCT. And furthermore while we are on the subject of Facebook pages, The administrators of The members only NCT Facebook evidently couldn't face up to the truth and eliminated that very post on their page, Wake up

that facebook post about salaries looks nothing like the samples that DnB give out.... care to explain?

http://images.hoovers.com/images/i/samples/DnBReport.pdf

that's what they should look like, which look very unlike that facebook post