Asking For A Friend

does anyone know about dollar generals trucking. good or bad
Drive by some of their stores, then picture yourself trying to usually blind side in along side the building, with cars, and people cutting behind you, and some disgruntled millennial watching you hand unload your trailer to their conveyor into the building.

IF You prefer HANDLING ALL THE WEIRD SIZED FREIGHT in your trailer, then by all means please apply.
Weather irrelevant: Sunny, Cloudy, Rain, Snow, Hot, delivery requires obedience to schedule.
However many needed, Roller Tables placed in Trailer by Driver.
Driver unloads Trailer. Store personnel stay out of Trailer (Liability).
Such deliveries can be more than 1 stop.
Arriving like the Day before delivery is usually best for Road Drivers however arriving a couple hours before store opens is another option.
Locations are small and difficult to set up. Location specifics vary. Blind Side usually REQUIRED!
From the deliveries I've seen at a local D.G., when delivery completes, some drivers take another 10 before departing, since they've been On Duty, Not Driving because You're getting PAID to Deliver.

I tried such delivery system ONCE, out of South Boston, VA.
Departed around 2 a.m., arrived store around 6 a.m. at a southern North Carolina Beach.
No vehicles in parking lot next to R.R. Tracks.
Store opened at 8 a.m.
Departed around 1130 to noon. Lotta vehicles in parking lot.
3.5 hours back to start point.

Most companies that deliver to dollar general want you to drive a sleeper truck with a 53ft trailer onto their property or either somehow back into their property and multi-stop 3 to 4 dollar generals
Then hurry back to the DC and do it all over again

All I have to say is good luck if you have alot of snow covering the driveway and the ditch next to the driveway while trying to attempt either or

Well DCM_Doc, you may have some contenders.

That gig wasn't for I yet I've met some Drivers that seriously preferred such workouts and I usually said "Well Done, Stay Healthy"!