FedEx Freight | Asleep or not.

sourpickle

TB Lurker
Credits
I need some help on this one. If you have a blow out on your front steer tire. And then you hit the rail of a bridge. could a DPS trooper tell if that really happen or not. Because thats what happen to a FedEx driver. This past week. And the DPS trooper wrote on his report that the driver fell asleep at the wheel hit the rail and then the tire blew. What would FedEx do to the driver if the driver's report says my tire blew then I hit the rail. Different from the trooper report. Keep in mind the trooper did not see what happen.

I need some help on this one. If you have a blow out on your front steer tire. And then you hit the rail of a bridge. could a DPS trooper tell if that really happen or not. Because thats what happen to a FedEx driver. This past week. And the DPS trooper wrote on his report that the driver fell asleep at the wheel hit the rail and then the tire blew. What would FedEx do to the driver if the driver's report says my tire blew then I hit the rail. Different from the trooper report. Keep in mind the trooper did not see what happen.
hire a lawyer

I would be taking lots of pictures of that tire hopefully still on the wheel before it gets 'misplaced' and shots of the bridge

innocent to proven guilty.in our region your guilty no matter what because the guy incharge of the safety investigations is a cocky mother f*ck*r who does all his investigations from behind his desk.he also knows evreything and was the best driver ever when he was a driver

Pickle, If the tire blew first, and there has not been too much time passed, you should be able to see tire tracks on the highway that will be obvious the tire was NOT fully inflated.
I have blown 3 steer tires in the last 30 years of driving and all left a squiggle mark on the road after it blew to the spot I got it stopped. Without the marks on the road--
request a lie detector test. Good LUCK

I think if it really happened the way the dude said it did it shouldn't be that hard to prove. You plow a guard rail and blow the tire the impact point will show up on the sidewall.

The safety man called him and told him to change his story to what the DPS trooper wrote because it looked like he was lieing. Also he said he'll try to see if he well have his job. Its been four days now and no call back. So no telling what they are going to do.

The safety man called him and told him to change his story to what the DPS trooper wrote because it looked like he was lieing. Also he said he'll try to see if he well have his job. Its been four days now and no call back. So no telling what they are going to do.
Doing that would be admitting to gross negligence. Fastest way out the gate possible.

Sourpickle. If it happened to me the way you said, there is no way in H#$% that I would take being either charged or fired. I would use the legal system to the fullest, and then some.

if tire blows out first rim will have flat spots were it ran flat before impact if u fell asleep side wall on tire will have scuff marks my question ask yourself is if both hands are on wheel u should not have hit anything.but im just a driver also

Pickle, If the tire blew first, and there has not been too much time passed, you should be able to see tire tracks on the highway that will be obvious the tire was NOT fully inflated.
I have blown 3 steer tires in the last 30 years of driving and all left a squiggle mark on the road after it blew to the spot I got it stopped. Without the marks on the road--
request a lie detector test. Good LUCK
I may be getting off subject a bit, but NEVER request a lie detector test, and REFUSE to take one if requested.

Summary of the long history/fact sheet is, three guys standing in the corner drawing straws would be just as accurate as a lie detector test in determining if you are telling the truth or not.

There is a REASON these test results are not admissable in a court of law. :1036316054: