SAIA | Assigned Tractors

Amen to that BT

The city stuff in an odd assortment we se come in from the real small terminals 94, 95 and 96 internationals. We are using them as extra power her in Seattle. When a tractor is down they will work in a pinch. No AC no problems as long as the heater works the drivers are happy. So as long as there are no cab over’s the city drivers are happy.
The biggest gripe from the line is they never have a full set of chains when they get them back from the shop.

Going to throw my 2 cents worth in here if you don't mind. In Omaha the system drivers usually use the assigned truck if they are filling in for someone on vacation. Then if they're out running in the system they will use an available spare. Could be a Volvo or Frtlnr. I'm on a so-called bid run Monday thru Friday and I have the pleasure of jumping trucks every other day. "Share a Ride" is what several of us refer to it as. Really doesn't matter any more. Just as long as the power equipment is in good shape. All the bid runs have assigned power units but there are a select few that prefer to use the older Clark Bros trucks instead of their assigned tractors. K? K! Nuff said for me. A good friend told me about this site. So will be on and off of here a lot. All take care. And to the Connection drivers out East, don't let all the hype get to you. Has been about 3 yrs since Saia took over Clark Bros and they are still trying to get the bugs worked out. Widowmaker:smilie_132:

:funky: Don't believe Widowmaker about finding out about the boards from a friend, word out west is he dosn't have any friends.....at least on this planet........:nutkick:

Just another word of wisdom from your favorite "old west trail rider"

:tongue0015: Deisel Chaser (aka Hotrodusmaximus) makes the friendless feel even more friendless. Just because you can't call me at a decent time of night without waking me up is no need for you to tell everybody here I don't have any friends.:moon2:!! :hysterical:..Drive safe:smilie_132:

:biglaugh: You miss spelled Diesel:biglaugh: No kidding aside guys, widowmaker is my good, good friend, and if a man has only one true friend in life he is rich.........
Now enough of that stuff lets get back on topic......:smilie_132:

Holy crap. i just fell out of my chair on this one. It fits our terminal perfectly. :butt kiss: We have several of these around here. Wonder if we could get one with a nose stuck in there?

BT, Talk to Dennis. He will set you up. I think RJ was doing it. If you get in there in the daytime ask him.:1036316054:

I've inquired about assigned tractors for system drivers in DLS and gotten answers from somebody's checking into assigned tractors for system drivers to "we assign tractors to system drivers and the shop takes them away". It is the verbal equivalent to throwing one's hands up in the air.

I've (not trying to change the subject of the thread) also gotten the same run around regarding turnpike passes ($75 this week out of my wallet).

If they don't furnish a way to run the tp, then don't run it. I can not see me footing the bill to run the company. They use your money to make money while you are out of money. If you don't foot the bill they WILL get the bill paid so you can run the pike.

please clean you trucks out, I'm a temp to hire system driver and i have to clean nasty *** trucks every day, my fellow driver say i not cleaning that mess i didn't well for me I'm not driving 8 to 12 hours in a nasty a%^ truck

Not a new complaint

You are only voicing a complaint made by many a driver over the years. The careless, lazy, forgetful, and inconsiderate are usually the ones responsible for turning the tractors into rolling garbage cans.

I do that everytime I run a toll lane. I try and catch Gerard when he is in his office and cut out the middleman. My complaint is that I have to defer paying my bills or buying meals to have enough money to pay tolls. I'll bet the salaried folks that have to run on the road on a regular basis get toll tags as they need them.

The last time I did that I had to use an ATM to get enough money to make the trip and I sure didn't get reimbursed the ATM fees the ATM and my bank charged.

Tolls

BT, What I did was when I gott reimbursed I cashed the check and put the$$ in the back of my wallet to use just for tolls.:1036316054:

The prepass unit is assigned to the individual tractor. The newer tractors haven't been getting the prepass units.

As for toll tags (Pike Pass, K Pass-Kansas, etc) those are harder to find than a pay raise. You just have to happen upon someone who has one. I believe they are assigned to drivers to have runs that regularly have to run on toll roads. We system drivers have to finance the company operations.