Yellow | Assigned Tractors

yes

hilo@342 said:
But don't most terminals have city drivers assigned equipment? We do and I just assumed all city was assigned.

671 P&D has assigned tractors with the million milers getting the more desirable ones. (new or new to roadway)

Our supplement states otherwise about the assigned equipment to drivers. tractors are assigned to a run and you bid for that run if its past the 25mile radius. Within its fair game

screwy louiey said:
Our supplement states otherwise about the assigned equipment to drivers. tractors are assigned to a run and you bid for that run if its past the 25mile radius. Within its fair game

The only thing in our supplement about this is that seniority shall not govern the assignment of equipment. Sucking gets it for you and sometimes the give the newer truck to the senior man (which I agree with even though it is contrary to the supplement)

I guess the truck war will always go on.....
We used to have a truck committee (wither it is still in place I don't know) made up of Teamsters recommending to the Company what should go where but still people were fussing about that.

Right off the bat

671CityBoy said:
The only thing in our supplement about this is that seniority shall not govern the assignment of equipment. Sucking gets it for you and sometimes the give the newer truck to the senior man (which I agree with even though it is contrary to the supplement)

The suck ups sometimes get what they want, but the senior men paid their dues and should get what theyrequest for.

Only problem was there was a tractor assigned to the million mile city driver and on his day off a jr had a accident to it and they
wanted him to keep driving it until something new came in. Talk about the bump method that took place:ranting: :ranting2: . It took awhile for the smoke to clear on that one.

Tell you what gets me 671 CB, these guyz that come from a non or a newbee to the industry who think right off the bat they are supposed to drive the newest unit and have a 8am start time.:hysterical:

Toxic said:
671 P&D has assigned tractors with the million milers getting the more desirable ones. (new or new to roadway)
Well... now that the assigned tractors are no longer going to the million + drivers. Seniority should govern who gets the trucks. We have 2 liftgate trailers that have certain tractors that are assigned to them, but the rest should be given to who wants what. Not every senior man wants the newest tractor....or do they??:Banane01: Hey Toxic........do the new Sterling P+D tractors have AC?? I got in one the other day.......and jumped out to get into a Volvo. DS.

Boy you guys crack me up. We still fight over power or non power steering pumpkins at my barn. Sheesh!! New Sterling and Volvo P & D units? Heck, I just worked through the hottest week of my life without AC. Stop crying like little girls .:boohoo: :boohoo:

Animo916 said:
Boy you guys crack me up. We still fight over power or non power steering pumpkins at my barn. Sheesh!! New Sterling and Volvo P & D units? Heck, I just worked through the hottest week of my life without AC. Stop crying like little girls .:boohoo: :boohoo:
Well, it's predicted to be 105 in KC tomorrow, so i guess I'm a girl
We have around 15 AC tractors, 40 non AC tractors, not that I get AC, and no pumpkins left for over a year.

NO

Docksteward said:
Well... now that the assigned tractors are no longer going to the million + drivers. Seniority should govern who gets the trucks. We have 2 liftgate trailers that have certain tractors that are assigned to them, but the rest should be given to who wants what. Not every senior man wants the newest tractor....or do they??:Banane01: Hey Toxic........do the new Sterling P+D tractors have AC?? I got in one the other day.......and jumped out to get into a Volvo. DS.
DS.. them Sterlings are about 6 years old and do not have A/C keep the Volvo but get ready to be yelled at by your Teamster Bosses :ranting2: . And going by seniority to assign equipement is against our suppliement....But going by million milers is not....

reakky

hilo@342 said:
Well, it's predicted to be 105 in KC tomorrow, so i guess I'm a girl
We have around 15 AC tractors, 40 non AC tractors, not that I get AC, and no pumpkins left for over a year.
Really??? Our P&D has about 45 or so tractors with 100% power sterring and all but about 2 with A/C.....I guess we have it made and dont know it.

Really

serta said:
Boy,If I was giving a tractor with no a/c, it would have a misterious illment all of a sudden.
really serta? Or are you just saying that? How would you get out or driving one all summer?

All this heat from this heat wave has me feeling light headed and dehyrated to the point I need to take a mental health day.

Had a city guy from Averritt tell me you guyz have no A/C told him we look after our elders and let them drive the A/C units. Plus being in the city you are in & out so much it really doesn't make a difference to me.

The guy from Averritt did say for $3- more an hour plus O/T after 8 he would drive what we have with no A/C. I will say I love those mall deliveries on a hot day:shades:

How many do we have??

Hey Toxic.......how many of our city units do not have A/C? I know every time I see you you're in a new Volvo, but maybe someone told you!? I did notice that the new blue Volvos will put you in the deep freeze!! I have also found that some of the old Freightliners have good "chillers" too. DS.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Docksteward said:
Hey Toxic.......how many of our city units do not have A/C? I know every time I see you you're in a new Volvo, but maybe someone told you!? I did notice that the new blue Volvos will put you in the deep freeze!! I have also found that some of the old Freightliners have good "chillers" too. DS.
Hay DS you question was answered already in post 28 and 29 of this thread. :bicycle:

AC? What's that? Oh yeah I remember. The only problem with my unit is the AC only works from November to March. But the heat works all year round.

Crab Cakes on Grand Ave

Animo916 said:
AC? What's that? Oh yeah I remember. The only problem with my unit is the AC only works from November to March. But the heat works all year round.

Say I was up there this monday with the crab cakes and you couldn't be found. Even hung out around Grand Ave where the drivers eat at saw Tyrone and told him to give you a message. Since I couldn't leave you and John any crab cakes I got a csae of
:spam1: to give to you guyz:rofl2:

Saw you guyz are swamped up there as your TM wanted to hire me as a driver when i walked thru the doors.

Toxic said:
really serta? Or are you just saying that? How would you get out or driving one all summer?
Well for starters, I'm a road man, and its contractual to have working a/c. But when I was in the city, on any day above 85, if I got a unit without a/c if I couldn't deadline it, I just put a linehaul under it. I really like the window down anyway, but sometimes its just too hot. I drink too much alcohol, so I can't afford to lose the little bit of hydration I have! Oh and sorry for the late response, been getting banged out off rest for the last two weeks.