Yellow | Assume makes an ASS out of U and ME

YRC New Booty

TB Lurker
Credits
So what makes you senior drivers ASS U ME us new guys are going to vote yes on the first contract thrown at us. Is it because we walk around with a positive attitude or wear a YRC shirt how about pop the hood when doing a pre trip lol......how about just holding a normal conversation with a new guy without treating him/her as if they're stupid for being here. Some of us new guys are here for the same reason you senior drivers stayed here for the past 10 years just to see what happens in 2019. It's the senior drivers responsibility to teach the new guys how to be teamsters.

Well said. It is our responsibility to train you up.Now stop wearing the damn shirt and get a bad attitude like the rest of us. :shakehandsnah:

Next time someone wants to give you crap just let'm know you weren't around when they voted the 15% pay cut in to begin with. Also let'm know they won't get the raise they deserve unless they demand it. That'll shut'm up.

Teaching you know in 2019 it time to Match the non-union pay scale period or go on STRIKE in 2019 and as for a Positive Attitude is very hard for us senior guys that have been beaten down like a dog & so how would you feel if at your last job before coming here and you had in 20 to 30 years and they cut your pay by -15% and take away weeks vacation and your 30 year pension fund is going broke . So if you as a new guy don't stand up and fight for a pay scale that at least matches the non-union one then vote No & strike period ...............................

Teaching you know in 2019 it time to Match the non-union pay scale period or go on STRIKE in 2019 and as for a Positive Attitude is very hard for us senior guys that have been beaten down like a dog & so how would you feel if at your last job before coming here and you had in 20 to 30 years and they cut your pay by -15% and take away weeks vacation and your 30 year pension fund is going broke . So if you as a new guy don't stand up and fight for a pay scale that at least matches the non-union one then vote No & strike period ...............................

Oh no Wong, your local Walmart ran out of Snickers again?

Wong should try these :6788:
qlCm0tG.jpg

The older Men know what this job used to be.
The older Men know what was given up to keep this Micky Mouse operation afloat.
The older Men remember when we had management that at least knew what the hell it was doing
(I.E. dropping a BILLION to buy Roadway and ANOTHER BILLION to buy USF)
The older Men remember when we had a International Union and a Freight Division that HAD OUR BACKS!
Now? Gee, I wonder why this big division?

The older Men know what this job used to be.
The older Men know what was given up to keep this Micky Mouse operation afloat.
The older Men remember when we had management that at least knew what the hell it was doing
(I.E. dropping a BILLION to buy Roadway and ANOTHER BILLION to buy USF)
The older Men remember when we had a International Union and a Freight Division that HAD OUR BACKS!
Now? Gee, I wonder why this big division?
Agree 100% , the Older Men know HOW things should be run , instead of this marshmallow way now days :6788:

Oh no Wong, your local Walmart ran out of Snickers again?
Yes , did run out of Snickers , but really in 2019 it time to stand up for what's right and nothing against you retired guys , but for the ones still working it time for us to have at least a PAY SCALE that matches the non-union pay scale and a strike has been way over due :6788:

Yes , did run out of Snickers , but really in 2019 it time to stand up for what's right and nothing against you retired guys , but for the ones still working it time for us to have at least a PAY SCALE that matches the non-union pay scale and a strike has been way over due :6788:

"You retired guys"?? You confusing me with someone else?

this is getting old, really old, but where would YRC get the tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars more annually that will pay for this significant increase in pay ? We cant get the OR at YRC down to below 97. Go ahead, show us the math. I got my popcorn Im ready..

this is getting old, really old, but where would YRC get the tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars more annually that will pay for this significant increase in pay ? We cant get the OR at YRC down to below 97. Go ahead, show us the math. I got my popcorn Im ready..
No one with half a brain expects the Company to magically cough money it dosen't have. Geez!! Another shining example of going from one exstearm to another.
What, I think most of us are looking for is a phasing out of the givebacks over time. Not all at once.
Start with the pension funds. 25% of the 2009 (Am I wrong with that date someone?) rate? Really?
How about raising that. A lot! Even if that means we have to settle for 35 cent raises for a couple of years.
I for one am not convenced that the Company is as bad as management makes it out to be.
I for one am fed up with my 15% supporting the banks as they enjoy the interest from the yrc cash cow!
Share the love with the Employees. We have given enough!
In time anything is possible. Our freight Division just needs the balls to stand up and say ENOUGH!

I personally could care less about a pension rate increase. That money is just going in a dark hole that most of us will never see.

Are we going to match the non unions $2500.00 per year ( roughly $50/ week) and additional $1500.00 per year per family member cost of insurance?
Fedex is the only non union paying time and a half after 40 that I know of.
Yes..we need a better contract but the expectations shouldn’t be unrealistic.

Remember, the lenders can call the balance of the loan due in 2019.
Everyone knows they can’t pay it.
The company is just a 3rd party negotiator.The lenders hold all of the cards.
I’ve thought about leaving this situation..it’s kind of a grey cloud hanging over our heads but at the end of the day 70 k with free insurance ( not just free but better than what nons pay for) keeps me hanging on.
I am hoping for a healthy 7 to 10% raise right out of the gate.
Yellow needs to get their heads out of their asses and start making money .

Last edited:
Are we going to match the non unions $2500.00 per year ( roughly $50/ week) and additional $1500.00 per year per family member cost of insurance?
Fedex is the only non union paying time and a half after 40 that I know of.
Yes..we need a better contract but the expectations shouldn’t be unrealistic.

Remember, the lenders can call the balance of the loan due in 2019.
Everyone knows they can’t pay it.
The company is just a 3rd party negotiator.The lenders hold all of the cards.
I’ve thought about leaving this situation..it’s kind of a grey cloud hanging over our heads but at the end of the day 70 k with free insurance ( not just free but better than what nons pay for) keeps me hanging on.
I am hoping for a healthy 7 to 10% raise right out of the gate.
Yellow needs to get their heads out of their asses and start making money .
They don't have to wait until 2019....they have had that option since 2009.

They don't have to wait until 2019....they have had that option since 2009.
We have changed lenders since then.
The only way they can call the loan due is if they default on it ( miss a payment ) if I understand correctly.They were trying to get it extended through 2021.

As our financial performance has improved in recent years, we reduced our debt to the lowest level in more than a decade while at the same time reinvesting back into the Company," said James Welch, chief executive officer of YRC Worldwide. "Extending the term loan is an important step as we continue to position the Company for long-term success. We believe it is prudent to take the refinancing risk off the table before the term loan matured in early 2019, to focus on executing operationally and improving our financial results. We plan to continue evaluating additional opportunities to strengthen the Company for our customers, employees and investors," concluded Welch.

In addition to the extended maturity, the most substantial changes as a result of the amendment are:

• A reduction of the outstanding principal to $600 million following a $35.2 million payment at the time of closing the amendment;
  • An increase in the annual amortization from 1% ($7 million) to 3% ($18 million);
  • An increase in the interest rate from LIBOR + 750 basis points to LIBOR + 850 basis points; and
  • If the Company's Contribution Deferral Agreement notes are not extended to at least late October 2022, the term loan maturity will be reset to within 60 days before the CDA's scheduled maturity.
"Extending the maturity of the term loan and reducing the outstanding principal considerably strengthens our capital structure," said Stephanie Fisher, chief financial officer of YRC Worldwide. "With the successful extension of the term loan, we have met the conditions for extending the maturity of our asset based loan facility from February 2019 to June 2021. I would like to thank our lenders who have been supportive of our long-term vision for the Company," concluded Fisher.