Reddaway | Astoria

RETL84

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard from a TM today that YRC is going to close the ASTORIA Oregon terminal !! I Feel bad for the drivers But mabe they should have joined the union when they had the chance ! they could have at least followed the freight. Live and learn ANOTHER nonunion terminal DOWN:smilie_132:

Stop acting so cruel and stuck up. A bunch of men are losing good paying jobs during tough times and it's BS that you sit here laughing at them b/c they weren't union. The time for most of you may come at USF someday with YRC at the helm. And with not many good paying union jobs hiring these days, it wont be a walk in the park to follow the money. :smilie_132:

nobodys laughing about this.........................

Stop acting so cruel and stuck up. A bunch of men are losing good paying jobs during tough times and it's BS that you sit here laughing at them b/c they weren't union. The time for most of you may come at USF someday with YRC at the helm. And with not many good paying union jobs hiring these days, it wont be a walk in the park to follow the money. :smilie_132:

All retl84 is saying is that if the good folks up there in that small barn had been union; they could have followed the freight. This is Y.R.C.s company now and more closures are coming, its just a matter of when & where.........

Not ment to be mean at all. I do feel sorry for those men. but how much did they care when we were fighting for OUR jobs! some people are just happy letting others make the sacrifice while they get a free ride.

Bad Karma

Not ment to be mean at all. I do feel sorry for those men. but how much did they care when we were fighting for OUR jobs! some people are just happy letting others make the sacrifice while they get a free ride.
Everyones fighting for their jobs at Reddaway right now, so if you feel like Astoria wasnt there for you its probably because they were focused on saving their own butts at the time. At the rate things are going, we might all be looking for work sooner than later. One things for sure if Reddaway go's under ther majority of the freight is going to move to FEDEX and Conway..I dont think our union affiliation is going to open the doors for those jobs..We'll be looking through the window watching the non union Astoria guys working :shock:

their not closeing it because it was non union, they closed it down because its a small yard, union or not yrc just dont care, but if it was up to them they would like to see the whole company non- union

their not closeing it because it was non union, they closed it down because its a small yard, union or not yrc just dont care, but if it was up to them they would like to see the whole company non- union

Well your right that its a small yard but you sure dont know squat about yrc and unoin carriers. How many non union company's does yrc own? think about it! there very happy with there union trucking company's new 5 year deal with YELLOW,ROADWAY,HOLLAND. they went to the table early settled and moved on. they are 90 PLUS percent UNION!! WHERE does that put YOU!

Well your right that its a small yard but you sure dont know squat about yrc and unoin carriers. How many non union company's does yrc own? think about it! there very happy with there union trucking company's new 5 year deal with YELLOW,ROADWAY,HOLLAND. they went to the table early settled and moved on. they are 90 PLUS percent UNION!! WHERE does that put YOU!
why would any company be happy to have their work force union, unions are a bytch to come to terms with, they just suck the life blood out management, and make them closed down...I.E, CF, nations way, systems 99 , and OAK harbor is next....so tell me why is YRC happy?:smilie_132:

And the List go's on

why would any company be happy to have their work force union, unions are a bytch to come to terms with, they just suck the life blood out management, and make them closed down...I.E, CF, nations way, systems 99 , and OAK harbor is next....so tell me why is YRC happy?:smilie_132:

Redstar, Crescent, Moore Truck Lines.....

and on and on

dude, its cool if your down with the union,but dont think that everybody thinks like you. I mean get real , union or not, if a barn dont produce its gonna get cut. one thing about the union that they cant do shyt about is, tell anyone how to run their gig... its like this. He who has the most gold makes all the rules... and you will do what your told to get your little nugget ..10-4:biglaugh:

if they didn't want us to go union , why did they give us the card check agreement?

rubber on the road.........................

What are drivers anyway to a company this massive? Just rubber on the road........

What are drivers anyway to a company this massive? Just rubber on the road........

You are right! All the big company's are that way. They only look at THE NUMBERS but you can spin those anyway you want. so you dont really have a voice unless you band together. it's not going to save the world but its a lot more protection than not having a contract at all.

protection?

You are right! All the big company's are that way. They only look at THE NUMBERS but you can spin those anyway you want. so you dont really have a voice unless you band together. it's not going to save the world but its a lot more protection than not having a contract at all.
what is this "protection" that you speak of?
protection, from what, for what?

what is this "protection" that you speak of?
protection, from what, for what?

From your not doing enough BPH today ! you need to work saturday for straight time. im changing you health care now you have to pay more. i cant afford to pay you a pension. my buddie is going to work tomorrow you can stay home. i owe you a 10 cent an hour raise BUT im going to chump you !! sound familiar reddaway guys up north. but wait through the contract it takes two years and guess what? we get back pay AND intrest !! BECAUSE we have a LEGAL binding CONTRACT !!

That Reddaway barn north of Kent in the union? How much of a chance do they stand to survive being so close to Seattle???

Will your Portland drivers cover deliveries for Astoria now? or just throw it on one of the other YRC trucks?

Union or not guys, or even working for a different outfit we all need to be prepared for rough times.

Tacoma is not union, I dont know how they are going to service Astoria. And your very right Tough times ahead

From your not doing enough BPH today ! you need to work saturday for straight time. im changing you health care now you have to pay more. i cant afford to pay you a pension. my buddie is going to work tomorrow you can stay home. i owe you a 10 cent an hour raise BUT im going to chump you !! sound familiar reddaway guys up north. but wait through the contract it takes two years and guess what? we get back pay AND intrest !! BECAUSE we have a LEGAL binding CONTRACT !!
so I should PAY somebody money to keep me from working on saturday? I would never work for straight pay when I am entitled to overtime pay,under the LEGAL and BINDING contract" thats called the labor law".
if they say they gonna give me a raise they will.I get more in my 401k than you get in a pension.. hmmm lets see, none of your (arguements) make me want to give money to somebody, so tell me, protection from
what?:hide: