Central Transport | At least I got my safety jacket

Noah

TB Lurker
Credits
After 10 years and getting recognized for my safety - they canned me for punching in a minute late!!! Yes sir - nearly two months ago I punched in just about a minute late (the guy ahead of me was having a problem with the time clock) they called me into the office and told me I was being terminated for tardiness! :kickedoutsmile::fingure:

either they did'nt like you or cost effective measures. if you really want to stay, contact HR and see what you can do. good luck.

Pretty sure it is cost effective measures. Pointless to fight for a job that sucks. Door has opened...making the best of it. But I have warned others who have seniority to be prepared. Already heard that others have more than 7 points (reprimands) but they are still employed. A few supervisors were disappointed but it's everyone for themselves and no one goes to bat for you. :crybaby:This is not going to help!

i would'nt fight either, this is a blessing in disguise. keep us updated on your next adventure. this place won't be around for too long anyways, you just got a head start on your next job.

i would'nt fight either, this is a blessing in disguise. keep us updated on your next adventure. this place won't be around for too long anyways, you just got a head start on your next job.
A blessing in disguise is a perfect way of putting it H.E.

Yeah. And after they gave me a talk no too long ago about how they had nothing else on me. No damaged freight, no spills, good worker, supervisor always wanted me to work with him to get the job done. :tribehasspoken:

my god what a joke. they should be happy you even punched in that day the way this circus runs. how many min's in your ten years of safe driving did they make you late for something. really stupid is the virus with no cure.

They make sure you punch in on time but when it came time for me to leave it wasn't until long after my 8 hours was up. Only recently did the start letting me go home after 8 to 8.5 hours. There were days that I put in 10 hours. but that was ok for them

When its all about blame, you've lost the game.
As they say....It's not about whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game. Any game any life whether it be football, baseball , hockey..........putting the blame on any one thing is pointless. You win as a team and you lose as a team.....You should just man up and move on to the next one. But take the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones and that's a different story....I blame the downfall of that team on him. He may be a billionaire but he has no business being a G.M. He needs to fire himself and stay in the owners box. He fired Jimmy Johnson the very man that built that dynasty in the 90's because of his ego...And he gets what he deserves. Other exceptions remain LM.....Its not always black and white.....Sometimes there is a gray area. In Vitrans case I will only say this.........If you are driving a truck and you come across a dead end street but you choose to go on down that street any way. You got no one to blame but yourself when you have to turn around and start back over.....You should have been more observant and noticed the sign....But I love that quote and for the most part it is a very true statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
walk into your next interview with safety jacket on. they see you stayed at this shethole for 10 yrs alone will let them know you can handle anything they can throw at you. lol.