AT&T $1000 bonus

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Freight Line' started by TheyCallMeTaterSalad, Dec 20, 2017.

1. lhdrvr

lhdrvr Active Member

Looks like we are getting about a $500 bonus this week. That's nice, but not going to lie the kind of money they're going to be saving and the way we get treated more and more like FedEx everyday I say they can do more. It's time for overtime and at least 70 mph.
    [​IMG]

2. Shark_with_laser_beams

Shark_with_laser_beams New Member

YES!
    I just got a call and hopped on here to share the great news but Lhdrvr beat me to it.

$500 for full time the started b4 Nov and $250 for part-time workers.

Thank you!

3. kenneth

kenneth Well-Known Member

So thankful that they did these.I called myself.O'h they can do more has already started.Really?????People really they don't have give us nothing.Be thankful...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  4. Freightsup

Freightsup Active Member

OD is indeed giving a bonus to every employee this year in light of the Trump tax cuts. Thank you OD!

5. Ump

Ump Big Dave's and Billy Lo's love child.

This place is nothing like FedEx!!!

6. Freightsup

Freightsup Active Member

I see other people beat me to it. I'm just going to put this out there. YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! I'll take your free money if you don't want it. Go to FedEx and see what they are getting. Good day...

7. Ump

Ump Big Dave's and Billy Lo's love child.

Not one cent of that is free money!!!

Songremainsthesame and flybynite like this.
  8. kenneth

Also,the bonus is just a start.Be watching your 401k for major amount earned.Thank You Mr President & OD.

9. flybynite

flybynite Well-Known Member

I have no complaints. I’m grateful for the bonus and yes, watch the 401k. Thank you to each and everyone that does their part to make this company what it is.

10. Freightsup

Freightsup Active Member

We work for what we earn, so technically not free, but free in the sense that they didn't have to provide it at all....

11. trailnutz

trailnutz Active Member

I am grateful as I know they didn't have to do this. So it is much appreciated. However, this would be less than 3 weeks of ot pay for some of us. Even if they paid it after 50 that extra 14.36 per hour for 5 to 7 hours per week is $70 to $100. Again, I do appreciate it but I can't help but feel we're just getting a tiny piece of what they owe us.

freightman68 and Dick Dastardly like this.
  12. TheyCallMeTaterSalad

TheyCallMeTaterSalad New Member

Well, well, well, thank you President Trump and Old Dominion!

13. kenneth

Sorry,this company doesn't owe you nothing.We are very lucky that we get what we get.

14. trailnutz

trailnutz Active Member

Ok, bad choice of words...what we deserve!

15. flybynite

flybynite Well-Known Member

All they owe us, is the compensation for our hours or miles. The Health benefits, the safety bonus, the 401k bonus and the decent equipment are all added on top. I know that some people want OT and more. I’ve driven crap equipment, I’ve worked for crap wages, I’ve had no benefits, so I consider myself blessed to work for this company. Like I’ve told certain drivers, if you find better, go. Some have and guess what, the grass isn’t greener elsewhere. They end up wanting to come back.

Freightsup and kenneth like this.
  16. kenneth

We deserve nothing.We are payed for what we do everyday.No one is holding a gun to mine or your head.We all can leave anytime we want.Sorry for the rant.We should be very thankful for what we receive.

Freightsup and flybynite like this.
  17. slinky

slinky Active Member

Thanks OD and thanks PRESIDENT TRUMP

Freightsup and freightman68 like this.
  18. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

You must have taken a big swig of that green Kool-Aid from one page to the next.

:poke: :438:

19. kenneth

I stopped the kool-add several years ago.I worked for a family owned company for 17 yrs and got nothing at all.Again,they don't have to give us nothing.The door is always open to leave for greener pastures.

20. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

I don't want to make it personal or open up a can of worms, but don't sell yourself short. You are the backbone of that outfit. Without you they wouldn't have become who they are today. In other words, it goes both ways. Don't settle. Without you David is a man without his fortune. Labor is entitled to the fruits of it's labor as well.

trailnutz, Hoot Owl, kenneth and 2 others like this.