TForce | At-Will employess

Bird-Dog

TB Lurker
Credits
Teachers, police officers, prison guards, professional athletes, and so forth all are in unions. Most states are "At Will " states for employment. Meaning you can be terminated at anytime for anything with NO two week notice given to you or your family.

Bird-Dog said:
Teachers, police officers, prison guards, professional athletes, and so forth all are in unions. Most states are "At Will " states for employment. Meaning you can be terminated at anytime for anything with NO two week notice given to you or your family.
Thats right!!! So you people that were grandfatherd into upsf with your long hair, beards and tatoos. Watch out, you do not fit the agenda of ups and you are first on the list to go. So don't screw up. Just once and your gone.

BusterNite said:
Thats right!!! So you people that were grandfatherd into upsf with your long hair, beards and tatoos. Watch out, you do not fit the agenda of ups and you are first on the list to go. So don't screw up. Just once and your gone.

There's food for thought.

Bird-Dog said:
bingo:sadwavey:

BusterNite said:
:sadwavey: :sadwavey: just because it ain't happened in the past,don';t think it won't in the future:duh:

Animo916 said:
There's food for thought.
sure is,just becuase you kept the beards a little bit longer,and likewise with the tattoos,could change again tommorrow,next week,3 weeks from now,who's gonna stop 'em:duh: :duh:
:Zzzz:

Bird-Dog said:
Yes, Just read both of your new policy hand books. In big bold letters, LEGAL NOTICE UPSF is a AT WILL company and can terminate you with no notice or reason. Think about that!!!

BusterNite said:
Sorry, The new policy book says they can terminate you with no reason or notice. So you don't even have to wait to screw up just once.

BusterNite said:
Sorry, The new policy book says they can terminate you with no reason or notice. So you don't even have to wait to screw up just once.
from 'mien kempf' booklet we recieved,they really don't need a reason,or whole lot of reason,to sh.tcan us.:chairshot: :nutkick: :duh: :rolleyes:please,bossman,no more,no more,ouch!

nice that we got rights,right to get sh.tcanned states,sh.tcan at will employement,un-unemployment -unemployment insurance,which they got a private firm to fight you tooth and nail over,firing squad insurance,accidental death from skid dropped on your head for asking questions insurance:nutkick: :chairshot: :eck15::bigfinger: 'em',lookes like I'M' worth far more as a dead/dismembered/troublemaker dead,than alive.

jdtex said:
In an at will state you have no rights and they can let you go with no notice or reason.

Unless you are cover by an employement contract.
Be it Collective Bargining Agreement (CBA) or a private contract like the one your bosses have with UPS.

Ask Leo if he has a contract to protect his job. Ask the next "Shirt and Tie" that comes in from UPS to give you a class or meeting if they have an employement contract.

At Will, Right to work, Union labor, CBA, these are all terms that you should know and discuss.

Teamster251 said:
Unless you are cover by an employement contract.
Be it Collective Bargining Agreement (CBA) or a private contract like the one your bosses have with UPS.

Ask Leo if he has a contract to protect his job. Ask the next "Shirt and Tie" that comes in from UPS to give you a class or meeting if they have an employement contract.

At Will, Right to work, Union labor, CBA, these are all terms that you should know and discuss.
Huh must I even waste the precious air I breeth??? I think that would be a retorical question, correct me if I am wrong. LOL

diverman said:
I am curious, exactly what rights do you not have? Please be specific, I really would like to know?
0+0 still = 0=f.cked:chairshot: :nutkick: :duh: :moon2:
not a very good place/position to be in,my friend,really sucks,bad.

I would be willing to bet, without looking at the stats, that if a persong does their job, they are not going to be let go. In my opinion, this just means that the people are held accountable. The slackers are weeded out. I have NEVER heard of someone being let go just because the manager has a bad day. There usually is justification.