Reddaway | at wits end

SuperDuper62

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey everyone, I have been a long time reader, but this is a first post for me.  I've been a Reddaway clerical staff for nearly seven years now.  I have worked at a few different trucking companies, and I have noticed one thing in common with all of them...TRUCK DRIVERS ARE THE BIGGEST BABIES!!!  From my perspective all I see the drivers do is complain, complain, COMPLAIN!  They think they own the company but they don't, they think they have power to do what they want, when they want.  On occasion I have helped with payroll, and have see how much money drivers make, and it is sad how they can be paid so much and still complain so much.  When there's not enough work they complain they're not getting their hours, and when there's too much work they complain they are getting TOO MANY HOURS!  I barely make ends meet with what I am paid and still I come in and do my job and help out as much as I can with other things.  And why do I do this?  Because I consider myself to be a team player.  So to all the drivers out there, quit your complain and do what you are paid to do, and just DRIVE!  Remember at the end of the day all you are is just a DRIVER!

Wow. For your first post you sure left yourself wide open........

I'll take the bait.

If you have never driven a truck then you have no business talking about drivers complaints. Most of them are for a reason. The pay is high for a reason. How often are you asked to drive 11 hours and work 14 hours every day. Does your job burden you with having to watch out for the lives of every person in every vehicle around you for 11 hours. Does you life and everyone's around you depend on how safely you drive?

So before you get on here and start rippin on drivers about their complaints maybe you should go for a ride sometime and see what it is all about. It aint like in the movies. I can promise you that.

And always remember if you have it or own it a TRUCK DRIVER brought it.

You'll make a lotta friends with your first post. :holysheep: Go out on the dock and move 2000 pounds with a pallet jack. Work at -14 degrees with no heat, or 94 with no air or breeze. And get fliped the bird for being on the freeway when someone wants to get on or off and your already there. See if it gives one a tendency to complain a little. Those are just a few of the little irritants that make us CRY LIKE BABIES......Oh ya! People that don't have to do the job we do telling me how good I got it make me...:17: If its so good get out of the office and in the truck. Most anybody can get a CDL.

Wow. For your first post you sure left yourself wide open........

I'll take the bait.

If you have never driven a truck then you have no business talking about drivers complaints. Most of them are for a reason. The pay is high for a reason. How often are you asked to drive 11 hours and work 14 hours every day. Does your job burden you with having to watch out for the lives of every person in every vehicle around you for 11 hours. Does you life and everyone's around you depend on how safely you drive?

So before you get on here and start rippin on drivers about their complaints maybe you should go for a ride sometime and see what it is all about. It aint like in the movies. I can promise you that.

And always remember if you have it or own it a TRUCK DRIVER brought it.
Very well put! But I can add to it just a little. GO BACK INTO YOUR LITTLE FRIGGIN CUBICLE, FINISH OUT YOUR DAY....GO HOME ..GO TO BED...WAKE UP IN THE MORNING....AND THATS WHEN US WHINING TRUCK DRIVERS ARE GETTING OFF WORK FOR THE DAY. Were going for a cold beer at 7 am when all you whiny office folk are waking up and whining about going to work! Get It?!!!

Because I consider myself to be a team player.

Just remember that the driver is the star player of this "team". Without us the "team" doesn't exist. As with any professional "team" the stars make the major money and the "support" personal make the peanut's. There are cry baby drivers and there are cry baby support personal. Maybe if someone did more for the "team" we wouldn't have to cry as much?

Jealousy:
1 : a jealous disposition, attitude, or feeling
2 : zealous vigilance

Jealous:
1 a : intolerant of rivalry or unfaithfulness b : disposed to suspect rivalry or unfaithfulness
2 : hostile toward a rival or one believed to enjoy an advantage
3 : vigilant in guarding a possession

Every driver can tell you, but you wont understand. A half day ride along like the T.M.'s or sales reps take once in awhile wont show you the real job either. You have to work multiple 14 hour days with very little sleep in between. Have a car flip in front of you out of no where in the rain. Help the Highway patrol try to rescue people who are so tore up they most likely wont make it. Maybe its the jobs we had before we drove a truck that prepared us a little. Some of older guys lost friends in wars they did not want to be in. Anybody in the office do that ? Were any of you cops ? Did any of you office workers ever live on an Oil Platform in the middle of the ocean ? You think spending 12 hours painting a house is a tuff day, or moving your furniture from one apartment to another for 14 hours in August is a big deal. We do that kind of work everyday. You think listening to an angry customer on the phone is tuff, we have to listen to them in person, and have the self control not to punch them we they get rude. You are support staff, and many of you do a great job. We have a High opinion of most of you, and we know you are under payed. Most of the drivers at my terminal love the ladies in the office who seem like they can solve any technical problem we have, while the phones are ringing off the hook, and they have a large stack of paper work to attend to as well. THANKS CRIS AND AMELIA !!! And thank you also to the ones I dont remember the names of. Its really sad, that you cant see how hard the drivers work. It really seems impossible that you dont admire even some of the drivers.

Did anyone else notice that the location has changed overnight. Yesterday it was south and now it is east. No wonder she is so frustrated. Doesn't even know where the hell she is..................And that would also be why she is paid so little...........

I really figured it was one of them trolls and never checked. It was all just for fun as far as I was concerned. And as usual, I was'nt disapointed. :smilies-19296:

I really figured it was one of them trolls and never checked. It was all just for fun as far as I was concerned. And as usual, I was'nt disapointed. :smilies-19296:

I figured the same and yes it was fun while it lasted. Now lets see if the cubicle will respond. It could get better......I could use a coffee too...........:biglaugh:

I'm with Jeff. But she needs to make sure she brings the frosted mug and pours it correctly.

Boy, you guys sure don't hold much back.
Is this really how you all feel?

Stupid is as stupid does...

Boy, you guys sure don't hold much back.
Is this really how you all feel?

We just call them as we see them HB. :hide:

Stupid is as stupid does: It means that a normally intelligent person who does something stupid is still stupid.

can i have your #?

Hey everyone, I have been a long time reader, but this is a first post for me.  I've been a Reddaway clerical staff for nearly seven years now.  I have worked at a few different trucking companies, and I have noticed one thing in common with all of them...TRUCK DRIVERS ARE THE BIGGEST BABIES!!!  From my perspective all I see the drivers do is complain, complain, COMPLAIN!  They think they own the company but they don't, they think they have power to do what they want, when they want.  On occasion I have helped with payroll, and have see how much money drivers make, and it is sad how they can be paid so much and still complain so much.  When there's not enough work they complain they're not getting their hours, and when there's too much work they complain they are getting TOO MANY HOURS!  I barely make ends meet with what I am paid and still I come in and do my job and help out as much as I can with other things.  And why do I do this?  Because I consider myself to be a team player.  So to all the drivers out there, quit your complain and do what you are paid to do, and just DRIVE!  Remember at the end of the day all you are is just a DRIVER!

HEY THERE SEXY! CAN I GET YOUR NUMBER? YOU SOUND JUST LIKE MY EX-WIFE, AND WINTER COMING AND I COULD USE SOME OF YOUR BODY HEAT TO KEEP ME WARM!:kiss2::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Whiney Drivers!!!!

Well she's partly right, sometimes we should all be thankful we are working and have good paying jobs, and sometimes we should just shut up and get our paperwork and go, BUT, all you drivers are right on the money, she should come out and play with the stars of the team "us drivers", if she's that worried about making ends meet then she should get her CDL and go drive OTR for a while and and get experience so she can come to a company like this and go on the bottom of the extra board and never know when she'll work or where she's gonna go or where she'll run out of hours, all of this with kids having doctors appointments or having to go grocery shopping or just doing laundry, yeah she gets to go home everyday(her choice)(and our choice) so now that i've had my rant and rave she needs to go make me some bacon and eggs after she pours that frosty mug of suds!!!!
Just stay in the office and answer phones!!!!
Now come on guys don't hold back, tell us how you really feel, don't beat around the bush!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::loser: