Reddaway | at wits end

I'm with Jeff. But she needs to make sure she brings the frosted mug and pours it correctly.

Boy, you guys sure don't hold much back.
Is this really how you all feel?

About the only thing the guys didnt put was that drivers are actually under payed for the risk of bodily harm and the ability it takes to be in this industry.An airline pilot with 20 to 30 yrs makes low 6 figures for less risk to the public and less risk to their career every day.All I gotta say is wow that person has a lot of nerve.

I can relate to some of this as I'm in dispatch for over 6 years now. First every job has its whiners & doers unfortunatly the whiners tend to stand out more than the 95% who keep our customers coming back. I used to drive & I loved it but enough was enough. Now I have to deal with backstabbing management that only look out for their favorites & lie to our faces but we fight the good fight everyday. I'm blessed to have a job in these times. I just saw another face fired in our office (deservingly so finally) & another given a Corp. payroll job (Guaranteed 40 hrs) after only 2 years with the company. Senority in my Terminal seems to be who you #$@% not years of service with excellent performance. But I do want to say I respect all the drivers we have....YOU ROCK!

i am a union office staff and have been for 30 yrs, maybe if this retl office person, got all the office personnel to sign up to be represented by the teamsters she would know how hard all you drivers work and that she only has a job because of what you do. good luck to all you hard working drivers out there that do your job right everyday and work hard to make your company successful.

i am a union office staff and have been for 30 yrs, maybe if this retl office person, got all the office personnel to sign up to be represented by the teamsters she would know how hard all you drivers work and that she only has a job because of what you do. good luck to all you hard working drivers out there that do your job right everyday and work hard to make your company successful.

she could get hooked up with one of the guys in there and make him happy. spend his money.:biglaugh::TR10driving03:

I can relate to some of this as I'm in dispatch for over 6 years now. First every job has its whiners & doers unfortunatly the whiners tend to stand out more than the 95% who keep our customers coming back. I used to drive & I loved it but enough was enough. Now I have to deal with backstabbing management that only look out for their favorites & lie to our faces but we fight the good fight everyday. I'm blessed to have a job in these times. I just saw another face fired in our office (deservingly so finally) & another given a Corp. payroll job (Guaranteed 40 hrs) after only 2 years with the company. Senority in my Terminal seems to be who you #$@% not years of service with excellent performance. But I do want to say I respect all the drivers we have....YOU ROCK!
If that is the case, I would#$@% till I got to the top :biglaugh::biglaugh: or at- least until I had a mansion.........

Hey everyone, I have been a long time reader, but this is a first post for me.  I've been a Reddaway clerical staff for nearly seven years now.  I have worked at a few different trucking companies, and I have noticed one thing in common with all of them...TRUCK DRIVERS ARE THE BIGGEST BABIES!!!  From my perspective all I see the drivers do is complain, complain, COMPLAIN!  They think they own the company but they don't, they think they have power to do what they want, when they want.  On occasion I have helped with payroll, and have see how much money drivers make, and it is sad how they can be paid so much and still complain so much.  When there's not enough work they complain they're not getting their hours, and when there's too much work they complain they are getting TOO MANY HOURS!  I barely make ends meet with what I am paid and still I come in and do my job and help out as much as I can with other things.  And why do I do this?  Because I consider myself to be a team player.  So to all the drivers out there, quit your complain and do what you are paid to do, and just DRIVE!  Remember at the end of the day all you are is just a DRIVER!

i was a driver and i gotta say i agree...let me say i was backing sets to the dock and hooking sets with the dolly on the lead by my 2nd year when 10-15-20 year veterans couldn't....i ran 3-500 miles a day and worked city and i had a clean record

point being its not rocket science...drivers get paid a good wage, be a little more professional to justify the 70-80k you make

Wow.... she had some guts to come here and post that.... now for my 2 cents worth...
I worked in a small terminal for 5 years until they came in and pulled the rug out from underneath us in July. Now, I go to my new crappy job, making $4 less an hour than I did for Reddaway and every single day I miss my Reddaway co-workers. Yeah, sometimes the drivers complained and a lot of times they told me of their really great ideas for the company, but ultimately ALL of those guys were upset when I lost my job. They all cared about me and my welfare.

Our guys did everything at our terminal... unloaded freight, loaded freight, delivered freight, and when I needed a light bulb changed, they always stopped what they were doing and they took care of me. So, in return, when it was 105 degrees outside and according to SuperDuper all they do is DRIVE, I made sure the water cooler had cold water in it and cups to drink out of, I made sure there was toilet paper in their bathroom, I made coffee if they needed it, I dispatched, I answered the phone, I printed DR's if they needed them, along with all of my other daily duties.... and every single day, I still miss those guys. I miss the line drivers coming in my office to say Hi, I miss my TM, I miss all of my fellow clerical workers in the other terminals, most of all, I miss my job at Reddaway.

To all of the truck drivers who ever came into my office and said hello and even to those whom I've never met... Thank you for all of your hard work, some of us clerical workers truly do understand how hard you do work for your money.