ABF | ATA Industry’s Security and Loss Prevention Leaders

HillBilly Frog

TB Veteran
Credits
ATA Industry’s Security and Loss Prevention Leaders

10/24/2006
Two American Trucking Associations councils recently honored industry leaders for their commitments to security, loss prevention and human resources at a national conference and exhibition in Las Vegas, Nev.

• Brian Shutt, manager of security at ABF Freight System Inc. in Fort Smith, Ark., was presented with the Security Council’s Leadership Award.

Current Trucking Industry News: TruckingInfo.com : Your Source for Trucking Information and News

I wish we could get a couple of these safety guys in some of this equipment we have to drive, the 13s 14s and some of these 15s that are falling apart that are hard to keep in a lane, have dead shock absorbers, etc. I think their idea of fleet safety is the bottom line on their balance sheets and thats all. If they only knew how hard it is to operate this junk. The maintenance dept. never fixes anything. They just keep these things running until they either fall apart or hurt someone.

If I have a tractor with a defect I take it to the shop and get it fixed or drop it out if it can't be fixed. If this is a pattern file grievences. Call Tyson get him involved that is why he is there! The equipment must be safe. I have Tysons # if needed.