ATA Truck Driving Championships 2008

Masterblaster

TB Lurker
Credits
Well it's Saturday morning and I just got back from dropping a trailer in MIA from the pad on the Sawgrass Expressway. I pull into the yard and I see Mr. Jebb FLD and Mr. Condon MIA (who just got off work as a linehaul driver) practicing for the national championships ( a common occurence from my understanding every saturday rain or shine). So curiousity got the best of me. I finished up what i was doing (fuel the truck, paperwork, etc) and I punched out. So over the course of the next two hours i stayed and watched these guys go thru the "ropes", and I must say I was impressed. I didn't realize what all was involved, and these guys are at the top of their game. They practiced five different things while i was there (more when i left) and I didnt realize how complicated this contest was. I have been driving for many years now and I think that most drivers would have a hard time with this. These two guys made it look so easy, but like many posts before me they PRACTICED and then when they were done they PRACTICED.

I just wanted to say that I wish the best of luck to all of you that will be in this championship, I especially want to wish the best to Mr. Jebb and Mr. Condon, they are representing both Wilson Corporation and more importantly (to me that is) Wilson South Florida. Goodluck to you all.

Mr. Wagner FLD:TR10driving03:

flag_truck6a.jpg

I too wish everyone the best of luck.Maybe i'll do better then 2nd place the next time i compete. GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOO Wilson

Leadfoot Ultra and/or I will try to keep me posted on how things are going at the NTC in Houston. Neither of us will be there but we will try to keep updated by phone and update everyone. I believe the comptetion begins Wednesday morning and ends on Saturday. Best wishes to all of those competing.

Good Luck

Good Luck to all the Wilson Drivers. Also like Big Bird I really Like the Flag in the back of the truck, really a good touch ... 1st class .:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

Photo Op

As I don't like to take credit for things I didn't do, the flag picture is off of Wilsons website. You won't see it on the site but if you go to their image folder, (which i found by right clicking a current photo on the site). You will see all of their photos they have. There are a lot of nice old ones like this one. Remember this photo when you complain that your A/C is out or your power steering is sluggish LOL.:hysterical:

Enjoy:red_bandana:

wtruck17.jpg

I do not have any specific results from the competition just yet but the overall feedback I am receiving is that we have not done extremely well in the competition this year and we have one driver left to compete. Unless this driver does well we probably won't have anyone place in any of the classes. However, whether or not any of our guys place, they are still winners in my book and I am sure yours too.