Yellow | ATL Driver Killed On I-85 At SC/GA Line

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
This is the Local News Story concerning the death of Brother Larry Ellison from Yellow ATL this morning at 07:00. Brother Larry came to ATL in 2003 after CF folded. I am told this was Larry's first trip back from Vacation from moving his family to Arkansas to prepare for his retirement in approx. 3-4 weeks.

Our prayers go out to Brother Larry's family for their loss.......Jimi

http://www.wyff4.com/news/9487481/detail.html

It is a very sad situation and I feel bad for the driver and his family may the Lord be with them all.It is to my understanding the swift truck was on the shoulder and pulled out from it right in front of him and Yellow had no where to go.

Sounds to me like a horrific wreck caused by another unqualified driver . Condolences go out to his family .

Atl Driver Killed onI-85

How many times have we had Rookie drivers just pull out in front?I had a PAM driver some years ago do that,totally suprised me,only luck or a Guardian Angel save the day.I am afraid it is going to get alot worse!

Also another scene where the person at fault walks away unscathed only to go out and give it another try. Too bad.

Larry Glen Ellison 56, of Grayson, Georgia, born Janurary 25, 1950 in Carlinville, Illinois, passed away July 8, 2006 in Georgia.

Larry was a Linehaul Driver with Consolidated Freightways and Yellow Freight for a total of 27 years.
He graduated from Edwardsville High School in Edwardsville, Illinois in 1968.

He attended Belleville Junoir College and New Hampshire University.

He served as a Green Beret in the Special Forces in the United States Army for 5 years. He was a member of Hebron Baptist Church in Dacula, Georgia.

He was preceded in death by his Mother, Anna Lou Ellison of Mamoth Springs, Arkansas.

He is survived by his wife of 34 years, Deborah (Lemonds) Ellison, to whom he married on November 26, 1971 at Meadow Heights Baptist Church in Collinsville, Illinois, his children, Jennifer and Mark Novak of Cypress, Texas, Jamie Ellison of Grayson, Georgia, and Josh Ellison of Lawrencevill, Georgia. Grandchildren, Zachary Ellison, Zane and Hayden Novak, and Tyler Ellison, his father Jack Ellison of Mammoth Springs, Arkansas, his sister Margie Ellison Busch (James), his brother Robert Ellison (Julia), and many relatives and friends.