Central Transport | Attendance Policy

Yeah, u got that.straight Outwheeler! Im just talking about the legal way to keep em from firing u if u have a legitimate problem thats gonna keep u out of work, or make u miss alot. They cant fire u if ur on an approved FMLA. I wasnt suggesting they would stop making u miserable.

Train, this is what happened to me in regards to EEOC: While working for a previous employer, I was hurt on the job in Piqua Ohio, April 8, 2008 dunnage hit my left calf, I was off for 5 months, 6 surgeries. Sept thru March of 2009, I worked straight through without missing a day, I was off on a 1 week layoff due to auto company shut down, on March 27th I got a call from the company and they said I was laid off. I said, that I knew that and they said indefinately. The following Monday, they rehired 7 drivers who were previously laid off, some younger than I, I am 57 now. I filed an EEOC complaint against them for age discrimination and disability discrimination. I wrote a very good letter explaining everything, EEOC investigated and found the company in violation of age discrimination. My former employer wrote a better letter than I did though. EEOC said that even though the other company was in violation, they felt that EEOC did not have a strong enough case against them to proceed any further. They suggested I retain an attorney. I let it drop. :mad:
After almost 2 years since the date of my accident, I finally settled my claim against the company where I got hurt for $225,000.00. $75,000.00 back to the atty, had to repay work comp and I got $115,000.00. Plus, I took 99 weeks of unemployment, Obama made sure that I only paid 35% of Cobra, I had bother knees replaced, bought 26 acres up in northern Michigan. Sorry Rambling. :ranting2: EEOC sometimes just does not help.
I'm so sorry for the extent of your injury. No amount of money could pay you for the ordeal you had to deal with....I'm sure you would give it all back to have to good knees...The EEOC does not not always do the right thing but in most cases they protect against age discrimination and racial decrimination...I have seen them go after blatant violators and rip them to pieces. Just know that no company walks away without paying a price in some way. God will always equal the score...I always try to be thankful for the things that didn't go wrong. Because believe me things could have been worse. Never think things could not have been worse. Because they could have. You are not paralized in a wheel chair so things could have been worse. Hang in there brother and I wish you the best.

I'm so sorry for the extent of your injury. No amount of money could pay you for the ordeal you had to deal with....I'm sure you would give it all back to have to good knees...The EEOC does not not always do the right thing but in most cases they protect against age discrimination and racial decrimination...I have seen them go after blatant violators and rip them to pieces. Just know that no company walks away without paying a price in some way. God will always equal the score...I always try to be thankful for the things that didn't go wrong. Because believe me things could have been worse. Never think things could not have been worse. Because they could have. You are not paralized in a wheel chair so things could have been worse. Hang in there brother and I wish you the best.

Thanks Train, I appreciate your kind words.