ODFL | "Attendance Policy"

Grumpy O' Man

TB Veteran
Credits
Heard today there will be a new Attendance Policy for 2016.All I will say thing's will be changing&the old day's are gone.They are tightning the noose.Everyone better be ready..

So far we were read a memo from Corp in safety meeting that just reiterated the need to be here when scheduled. It still said they would handle one on one and look at individual performance and look for partterns. Honestly I'd like to see a little better policy. I don't call off unless myself or family is sick dead or being born or if I've looked at the weather in detail across my route and someone has made the wrong call to send me out in 4-6 inches coming down. Why others think it's OK to call of every other Saturday or Monday is ridiculous.

So far we were read a memo from Corp in safety meeting that just reiterated the need to be here when scheduled. It still said they would handle one on one and look at individual performance and look for partterns. Honestly I'd like to see a little better policy. I don't call off unless myself or family is sick dead or being born or if I've looked at the weather in detail across my route and someone has made the wrong call to send me out in 4-6 inches coming down. Why others think it's OK to call of every other Saturday or Monday is ridiculous.
And that is a term deal.Around here it has got better with weather call.But,you are a professional driver&its up to you to make that decision if you shoud be out there and you seem to be doing that.Also,yes what you was read is correct.But,there is more to come&hopefully your concern will be addressed.Hopefully if they do what they say .We will see.

Last edited:
Heard today there will be a new Attendance Policy for 2016.All I will say thing's will be changing&the old day's are gone.They are tightning the noose.Everyone better be ready..
I hope it involves gate time and trailers being closed on time. Nothing more frustrating then showing up on time to sit for an hour when they've got three bid runs rolling an hour after your gate time. Let's crack that whip!!!

A lot of this is due to our new VP of HR. Ludwig is retiring and this guy came in from the insurance industry. There were and still are a lot of things at OD done in a very outdated fashion...

I'm sure you can expect to see more of these policies soon. If you have any issues -- talk to your newly appointed Regional HR Manager.

A lot of this is due to our new VP of HR. Ludwig is retiring and this guy came in from the insurance industry. There were and still are a lot of things at OD done in a very outdated fashion...

I'm sure you can expect to see more of these policies soon. If you have any issues -- talk to your newly appointed Regional HR Manager.
Yeap in our meeting all I had to hear was hi I spent 21 years with Conway.....just put my head down and almost cried....:17: :452::cuss:

I hope it involves gate time and trailers being closed on time. Nothing more frustrating then showing up on time to sit for an hour when they've got three bid runs rolling an hour after your gate time. Let's crack that whip!!!

only if mgmt bonus depends on it

And when you start changing what already works (most of the time) the ride begins

Yeap in our meeting all I had to hear was hi I spent 21 years with Conway.....just put my head down and almost cried....:17: :452::cuss:

Yep ... Won't be too much longer and we are going to be like all the other LTLs ... We have been moving towards that direction for about 3-4 years now ... Before much longer there isn't going to be anything SPECIAL about working here any more .... Just look at what's been happening to our stock price ... all going down the tubes ...

And when that happens we will all get to watch what has happened at other companies happen to us and who will stand up and place the blame on the the VP(s) responsible or maybe even IMO the new co president

Do they just want you to show up at your actual start time ???

Notice a few others around here have waken up and seen what's happening to OD with the new management we keep hiring from all the crap LTL carriers.

If it involves forcing line drivers to actually run their schedule instead of taking off as much as they want, us extraboarders don't stand a chance, we won't ever r
If it involves forcing line drivers to actually run their schedule instead of taking off as much as they want, us extraboarders don't stand a chance, we won't ever run.

Way too many drivers have been hired the last few years ... Way too many new schedules added ... About to be many folks sitting at home ... Both schedule and extra ... Looking like things are about to all tumble ... Hope I'm wrong ... But looking that way more and more ...

Way too many drivers have been hired the last few years ... Way too many new schedules added ... About to be many folks sitting at home ... Both schedule and extra ... Looking like things are about to all tumble ... Hope I'm wrong ... But looking that way more and more ...

Hope you aren't right... Hope the supposed corporate folks who read Truckingboards are paying attention... Hope they care...

Reactions: DMT