ODFL | "Attendance Policy"

drivers want to complain when city drivers run .But,when dispatch calls them to run.They say no they want to get out to run.Can't keep them happy
But when a line and a P/D driver set up something like that in private with a friendly OB supervisor,It bypasses the dispatch system possibly taking a run from an extraboarder,or another city driver thats waiting his turn.

But when a line and a P/D driver set up something like that in private with a friendly OB supervisor,It bypasses the dispatch system possibly taking a run from an extraboarder,or another city driver thats waiting his turn.
That doesn't happen here.If the driver done crap like that at our Term. He would be talked to for sure.

They will not let a City Driver run linehaul extra unless that dispatcher is able to have all the run's covered for that day by Linehaul Guy's.Then if so they can call Part-Timer's& P&D Driver's to run

They will not let a City Driver run linehaul extra unless that dispatcher is able to have all the run's covered for that day by Linehaul Guy's.Then if so they can call Part-Timer's& P&D Driver's to run

I'm assuming you meant "dispatch is NOT able", it makes more sense with the rest of what you said. If that's the case, it's perfectly fine for city to run, so long as all of linehaul gets theirs first.

I'm assuming you meant "dispatch is NOT able", it makes more sense with the rest of what you said. If that's the case, it's perfectly fine for city to run, so long as all of linehaul gets theirs first.
Yes Correct.When we are busy there is plenty short-haul work to be done.When driver's start building up on board&Dispatcher run's me they will get chewed over it.So when things are slow Istill call on Sat's&Sun morning to just check& to let them know I'm here if you need me.

Well, depending on terminal, "Attendance Policy" had become lax. When slow, not much of issue (got guys sitting), yet when Relay sets are brought in, and are expected to be moved, a no show, or habitual last minute call off, become an issue. Our terminal has used the set standard procedures for years. Except emergency, or true illness, it's not acceptable. Got a core group that is dependable, had a PDer that took line haul spot, and a transfer that played games. This PDer is no longer line haul, both didn't like their bids, so would run out early, or work extra on Monday/then get a PDer to cover Saturday. Terminal manager quickly put a stop to it, now has to be preapproved and driver best cover assigned schedule if running extra at beginning of week. Both knew their bids prior to accepting. Had a driver with long term ill family member, he would still give 4+ hour notice, and if could come in later, one of us would switch with him, or Central would approve later start, would switch off trailers. THAT is different than unknown/voluntary actions. Central and most managers will work with a legit issue.

Can someone post this NEW POLICY as some SCs do not inform Drivers of any policies or changes of.
Some don't even post job openings throughout the Company.

Can someone post this NEW POLICY as some SCs do not inform Drivers of any policies or changes of.
Some don't even post job openings throughout the Company.
There is no "new attendance policy." Everything right now is just rumor. Sounds to me like a couple centers are holding drivers accountable for their run/bid times. Get to work on time, don't call off because it might snow. Simple!!! Stop abusing the system or they will change it.

Is there a written vacation policy anywhere?
Is it based on seniority. Do you have a certain time to put your vacation in by?