FedEx Freight | Attendance Policy

I believe the rule states as long as you have sick time, the first 32 hours per year is not held against you. There was no mention of 1 per quarter. At least not in our preshift.
This sounds the most accurate.

No one has mentioned the provision for being late. Points are awarded for this too, unless you actually use your personal/sick time, in 1 hour increments, I seem to recall. More than fair, IMHO.

Still going to clarify the current policy, first chance I get, but the above makes sense.

This sounds the most accurate.

No one has mentioned the provision for being late. Points are awarded for this too, unless you actually use your personal/sick time, in 1 hour increments, I seem to recall. More than fair, IMHO.

Still going to clarify the current policy, first chance I get, but the above makes sense.
Absence and Tardy Exceptions will not be tracked as Absence or Tardies under the policy.The employee must still provide reasonable notice. The exception cannot be used to cover a No-Call/No-Show Absence. Employees may use the equivalent of up to 4 workdays within a rolling 365 day period to cover Absences and Tardies when a reasonable notice is given. Full time employees may use up to 32 total hours, and part timers may use up to 24 total hours. Employees must make a verbal request for the Absence or Tardy Exception when reasonable notice is given. The Exception has to be for a minimum of 1 hour. For example a tardy of 15 minutes could be covered as long as you use 1 hour of personal time and give reasonable notice. All of this is a somewhat condensed version from the policy. You are not limited to 1 per quarter. No points are started until after you have used up your Exception/Personal time.

lets get a contract and you won't have to worry about policies changing every day, just sayin
A contract. Ah, there you go. That would make ::shit:: so much better to understand! FXF is pretty damn lenient. What, we get 9 lates every 6 months? Rolling? Really? Call outs that even cover vacation time? Overtime after 8 each day?

Can someone who hates FXF point me to a different company that is more lenient so I can check it out?

Read FMCSA 392.3 and explain how the attendance policy violates it.
§ 392.3 Ill or fatigued operator.
No driver shall operate a commercial motor vehicle, and a motor carrier shall not require or permit a driverto operate a commercial motor vehicle, while the driver's ability or alertness is so impaired, or so likely to become impaired, through fatigue, illness, or any other cause, as to make it unsafe for him/her to begin or continue to operate the commercial motor vehicle. However, in a case of grave emergency where the hazard to occupants of the commercial motor vehicle or other users of the highway would be increased by compliance with this section, the driver may continue to operate the commercial motor vehicle to the nearest place at which that hazard is removed.

So don't go to work. 392.3 doesn't guarantee you a job if you call out every other day.

A contract. Ah, there you go. That would make :::shit::: so much better to understand! FXF is pretty damn lenient. What, we get 9 lates every 6 months? Rolling? Really? Call outs that even cover vacation time? Overtime after 8 each day?

Can someone who hates FXF point me to a different company that is more lenient so I can check it out?
What is this overtime after 8 that you speak of?

392.3 is a rule all truck drivers who operate under Federal Reg's should know & understand. And what works & what does not. Take off every fri or mon for that 3 day weekend, you have a pattern & no leg to stand on even with a doctors excuse. Mix up your days. The 7th circuit court in Chicago has ruled you have not been injured until you have a loss of compensation. Write ups are nothing until days, fines, or any other loss like a bonus. Document everything. The other half of the rule is refusal to drive bad equipment. Take pictures, get a fellow employee to witness the problem, write up your VCR & time stamp it. Tell the boss why you refuse & have a witness when you do it. Record the conversation if you think it necessary. Below is a link to Truckers Justice Center. Paul Taylor has past cases he won under this rule. Read the results from the ALJ's decisions. They show what wins a case & loses one. Under Union CBA's almost all disputes about being absent ends up in Chicago JC, & they are won in the drivers favor. Rarely would a driver with good reason for being absent end up having to file with the 7th circuit.
http://www.truckersjusticecenter.com/

Read FMCSA 392.3 and explain how the attendance policy violates it.
The only flaw (IMHO) in the attendance policy is the application of corrective action when a driver BECOMES ILL or FATIGUED while on the job.

The law says the ill or fatigued can NOT be dispatched, but the policy says failure to work (or be available) a minimum of 6 hours is an attendance infraction, contributing to eventual potential disciplinary action.

Granted, for such a situation to have actual consequences, the driver would have to already have "other" attendance violations, making this the one that leads to actual corrective action, critical or otherwise.

Personally, I'm only aware of one case where going home sick resulted in written corrective action. That one seemed likely to fit the above profile. The final straw...

Lumping all attendance infractions into one pile has the potential to discourage compliance with the Safety intent of the regulations.

One per quarter? Is that the limit? I don't recall that being part of the original (point exemption) policy. It's possible that I missed that. Is it one event per quarter, or is it 8 hours per quarter?

You know I'm going to have to look it up. Now, if I can just find a working computer to access the policy. For months that has required getting leadership to sign in to an office computer, since the single one in the drivers lounge is nothing more than decoration. It stays in a perpetual state of "loading", unable to connect.
Where i'm at ,we get between 7 and 9 pto/sick days per year,my understanding is as long you have hrs to cover the day(sick only,not vac)you are ok

A contract. Ah, there you go. That would make :::shit::: so much better to understand! FXF is pretty damn lenient. What, we get 9 lates every 6 months? Rolling? Really? Call outs that even cover vacation time? Overtime after 8 each day?

Being lenient all depends on what center you're at....