TForce | Attention All Board Members

CFer

TB Veteran
Credits
If you post in this forum and are not an Overnite employee please remember that you are guests in their forum.

Treat the Overnite employees with respect and they will give the same back to you. If they have questions about the union, please give answers without being confrontational.
You will never win their support by coming here and calling them names, treating them lousy and thinking they are not as good as us because they are not union. You'll be suprised how much more receptive they will be to what you have to say if you say if you present it in a civil manner

This is a very important time for Overnite/UPSF employees and information is the key in helping them decide whats gonna be best for them. This is the best place for that information to be shared. Take advantage of that and lets show them what being part of the Teamsters is really about and how they can benefit from joining us

Thanks

CFer

Cfer great post. Me even being a union son have learned quite a bit on this board. Keep the info coming.

Great post CFer. I am sure anyone is willing to listen and have a decent conversation when you are not being put down.

Boats said:
Cfer great post. Me even being a union son have learned quite a bit on this board. Keep the info coming.
yo,boats,your dad in the union,is it the teamsters,who's he drive for,were?just curiuos:smilie_132: :smilie_132:

I appreciate you stating that CFer. Just didn't really see that happening before. Just alot of belittling and making fun of other peoples opinions. But I will hope your words actually sink in and not just get lip service.

Great post CFer, one of our brown brothers recent posts to us stoopid overnite drivers left me wondering how I ever survived in the industry without his guidance.Wallowing in my own stupidity is fun

You won't here it from this end of the country! Overnite does not serve Eastern Wash. but Motor Cargo does and many of us are freinds with the MC guys. At nite on the road there is a freindship with the other drivers, no matter who they work for. Most of the MC drivers I talk with are just curious to see whats going to happen with their company and their jobs, and are taking a wait and see attitude with the union. I have handed out the cards to some of them, and have gotten a good response; but then again some are hesitant and that OK. I say dont push and give them some room to think about it for themselves.:smilie_132:

how do you get the picture next to your handle in your post,still kind of new with one of these new fangled things?do you have to scan a photo? IS IT SIMPLE/COMPLICATED?

BUTTONMAN74 said:
how do you get the picture next to your handle in your post,still kind of new with one of these new fangled things?do you have to scan a photo? IS IT SIMPLE/COMPLICATED?
Buttonman,

Sent you a private message.

saddletramp said:
You won't here it from this end of the country! Overnite does not serve Eastern Wash. but Motor Cargo does and many of us are freinds with the MC guys. At nite on the road there is a freindship with the other drivers, no matter who they work for. Most of the MC drivers I talk with are just curious to see whats going to happen with their company and their jobs, and are taking a wait and see attitude with the union. I have handed out the cards to some of them, and have gotten a good response; but then again some are hesitant and that OK. I say dont push and give them some room to think about it for themselves.:smilie_132:

That's the way it is in the city also. We are all pretty good friends.....help each other out when we can......each driver works for a different company but you get to know each other from being at the customers together. I think that if you don't push the union people are a lot more open to listen and think about things rather than thinking that the union has something to gain by organizing UPSF.:wavey:

Buttonman my father drove a truck. But not too long. He's a printer, actually first pressman. His union merged with the teamsters I believe a couple of yrs ago. He actually retires this Friday. 37 yrs in the union. Man been working since 11 yrs old.

Boats said:
Buttonman my father drove a truck. But not too long. He's a printer, actually first pressman. His union merged with the teamsters I believe a couple of yrs ago. He actually retires this Friday. 37 yrs in the union. Man been working since 11 yrs old.
wish & hope him all the best to him in his retirement,gotta be the greatest feeling in the world,to finally be all done with the b.s,and be able to do your own thing,at your own pace,and best of all,ENJOY IT!:cool: :icon_dance: ,and also tell your boss to:bigfinger:,that is,if he's a real *****! hope your DAD really enjoyes his hard earned retirement,& a very merry one at that.:highfive: