TForce | Attention All Board Members

good morning everyone in diesalville,how is everyone in truckstopland out there doing this morning,everyone excited at former OVERNITE TRANSPORTATION CO.,now UPSF about tommorroww morning?:bgroovy: :cool::smilie_132: :wavey:

Thanks For the support CFer! Those of us that want the union need the support to make it happen. There are a lot of the older guys that think the union wants their pension that they have acumilated. This is a big hang-up for a lot of the guys to decide to go union or not. What they need to know is if they Will recieve there retirement pension in full if they go union or lose it becuase the union possiably does not have enough money to support thier retirement. Is there a way for us to find out.

BUTTONMAN74 said:
good morning everyone in diesalville,how is everyone in truckstopland out there doing this morning,everyone excited at former OVERNITE TRANSPORTATION CO.,now UPSF about tommorroww morning?

Yeah!!! Heard they were already firing up the grill and getting food cooking at my barn. Sounds like everyone in the offices will be eating good will the city drivers smell it when they come in.......then have to hurry to the city....:duh:

NorthStar1220 said:
Thanks For the support CFer! Those of us that want the union need the support to make it happen. There are a lot of the older guys that think the union wants their pension that they have acumilated. This is a big hang-up for a lot of the guys to decide to go union or not. What they need to know is if they Will recieve there retirement pension in full if they go union or lose it becuase the union possiably does not have enough money to support thier retirement. Is there a way for us to find out.

Northstar, Pension money that has already been vested stays in your own fund. It does not transfer over to the Teamsters. A UPSF employee that has 15 years vested in the Overnite/UPSF fund would still get that money from Overnite/UPSF PLUS whatever Teamster years he gets credited and vested.

Do you understand that there is no single "Teamster Pension"? A lot of people don't realize that. There are many different Teamster pension funds throughout the country. Each fund is operated independently of the others and each is run by a board of trustees. The board consists of an even amount of employer and employee trustees that have a fudiciary responsibility to do what's in the best interest of the fund.

There are many misconceptions about the conditions of the funds. My best advice is to find as much information as possible and always consider the source of information you get from others. People passing out false information usually have an agenda.

Good Luck

CFer what do you think is going to happen to the many people who are not vested yet? say i have 4 years, is that time lost? I havnt heard one thing about this matter and it affects thousands of people. T251 i am intrested in your outlook here too thank you

wassesname said:
CFer what do you think is going to happen to the many people who are not vested yet? say i have 4 years, is that time lost? I havnt heard one thing about this matter and it affects thousands of people. T251 i am intrested in your outlook here too thank you

wassesname, You're talking about your Overnite/UPSF pension right?
If so, it all depends on what the company policy is. How many years do you have in?

how about cases like this when (or "if",hopefully when) we go union? if anybody has an example or two, i am not asking for anybody to predict the future.thanks again

I just hope everyone keeps an open mind about it and listens to all of the options. I'm not real big on the issue of being union or not union......but if it will benefit us with better benefits....insurance.....days off.....retirement.......why not look into it?

ya great post, but i'm a Motor Cargo Employee and not a guest here. Actually would have been ashamed to be workin for Overnite

mossbackman said:
ya great post, but i'm a Motor Cargo Employee and not a guest here. Actually would have been ashamed to be working for Overnite
Why would you be ashamed ,I'm ashamed to pull one of those nasty looking Motor Cargo pups around............:biglaugh:

Johnnybegood said:
Why would you be ashamed ,I'm ashamed to pull one of those nasty looking Motor Cargo pups around............:biglaugh:
Tit for Tat. Enough all ready. Geez gang grow up. My truck is better than your truck!! Blah, blah, blah. When will the light come on in your thick heads and you will realize that we neither work for "O" or "MC"? UPS will do everything and anything to erase our past as quickly as possible. We now work for the same employer and believe it or not, we all get a check that says UPS Freight on them. So quit your whinning and lets go kick some a$$ as a team instead of each others.

hugnlug said:
Tit for Tat. Enough all ready. Geez gang grow up. My truck is better than your truck!! Blah, blah, blah. When will the light come on in your thick heads and you will realize that we neither work for "O" or "MC"? UPS will do everything and anything to erase our past as quickly as possible. We now work for the same employer and believe it or not, we all get a check that says UPS Freight on them. So quit your whinning and lets go kick some a$$ as a team instead of each others.
I just asked him why he was ashamed.......:wavey:

hugnlug said:

AMEN!:bgroovy: