ABF | Attention Fed Ex and Conway

Well, Bro. Pltjack,.....It's probably better that the individual funds don't get combined into Superfunds. The average rank-and-file guy loses the ability to vote for the Local officers who get onto the Local Joint Council Area and end up being Trustees for that Fund. You must be an elected Officer to be voted a Trustee of the Pension Fund. There are roughly 170 individual Teamster Multi-Employer Plans across the U.S. and Canada,....Some are in Red-Zone status, and must provide the Government a 10 year rehabilitation plan that will restore viability to the plan , according to the Pension Protection Act of 2006,......and some funds are funded at 80-90%,.....and some are even higher. Combining some of these funds would make the Trustees a little less culpable to the rank-and-file. Central States is a perfect example of that very thing. Even though the Fund that I'm in (W. Pa. Joint Council #40), is in Red Zone Status,.....the rehabilitation plan,....approved by the Government, because the Government backs our pensions through the Pension Benefit Guarantee Insurance Board,.....provides for no cuts in benefits, if you've vested at a certain time, and have roughly 20 years into the pension. I'll get out in two years,....less , actually,...with 30 year's cumulative service between nine companies, and a benefit of $3600.00 a month, roughly,.....I'll be 62, and am at the minimum age for Social Security,....Tack on another $1642 a month,........and the only way you'll get me in a truck after that, is if Freightliner starts building hearses.......
Thank you for the reply. Your pension is something to look forward to! As far as the hearse, You plan on driving I hope.

Why is your pay cut?
Nice informative post bother canaryinthemine.

And yes, taking that money from us was not quite as easy as taking candy from a baby, they were trying for years to get it. I do take a little solace in that.

Nice informative post bother canaryinthemine.

And yes, taking that money from us was not quite as easy as taking candy from a baby, they were trying for years to get it. I do take a little solace in that.
Thanks, Brother.....And you're absolutely right,........the only way they got us to take a pay cut was because a little more than half of our fellow employees were fooled with trickery and deception,.....Those must be the new negotiation tactics from our Good, Christian management team. Hell is full of such "Good Christians".......

sooo funny! what will you do when NO MORE MONEY continues to fund that retirement plan? as far as the teamster pension lasting that long..... oh you silly master freight guys.... before you whjne or rant, I am a 12 yr teamster... as much as I am pro ABF,you guys are on a thread, and not of yours or ABF's choosing.. the TEAMSTERS... yahoo!!!
I have heard you nay Sayers for DECADES. Either thru Central States or the Pension Bail out fund I will recurve a pension that I earned because of belonging to the TEAMSTERS. So no you stay your coarse and I will stay mine. I have had all my medical paid for over 35 years alone would far make up for 401 k you may have started.

At the end of the day it all comes down to one thing for me. I as a union member have in writing a legal binding document that is specific as to wages, benefits and work rules and conditions. No change in which way the wind blows,or whim of the company can alter it without my vote. NO NON UNION EMPLOYEE CAN EVER MAKE THIS CLAIM SAIL YOUR OWN SHIP OR BE AT THE MERCY OF THE TIDES

At the end of the day it all comes down to one thing for me. I as a union member have in writing a legal binding document that is specific as to wages, benefits and work rules and conditions. No change in which way the wind blows,or whim of the company can alter it without my vote. NO NON UNION EMPLOYEE CAN EVER MAKE THIS CLAIM SAIL YOUR OWN SHIP OR BE AT THE MERCY OF THE TIDES
Then how di dyou get a pay cut????

I have heard you nay Sayers for DECADES. Either thru Central States or the Pension Bail out fund I will recurve a pension that I earned because of belonging to the TEAMSTERS. So no you stay your coarse and I will stay mine. I have had all my medical paid for over 35 years alone would far make up for 401 k you may have started.
I have a 401(k) as well as the Central States Fund.I never trust other entities to fund my future.DTA. ..don't trust anyone

Then how di dyou get a pay cut????
Its a contract . Similar to what your masters have,you know the same people who dont want guys like you to have one. It has a beginning and an end. I remember back around 07 or so Conway cut the trucks back and quit paying into the 401k. No vote No input. If you dont like it see ya. Our pay cut WAS VOTED IN after their first beg back was turned down prior to the end of the contract.So they kept the company in a nose dive and took their dog and pony show on the road. And it would appear the Evil Roy waaaa were poor sales series was a big hit. And SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE As soon as the contract is OKd ABF IS BACK IN THE FREIGHT BIZ!!!! No more maybe we can pick that up in a couple of days to the customers and no more dont call in any extra help. Even though all of our regular guys are out of hours by thursday.

Don't forget that they had to use trickery and deceit.......tactics that work very well at non-Union barns...... to get just a little more than half of us to ratify a concessionary contract. Divide and conquer.......Guys think the battle is between Union and non-union,......and the corporate people who make money off both groups are more than happy to continue to let us think so........

If it is so good why is the teasmster pension going broke??
Why is your pay cut?
Why do customers only use union carriers when they are the cheapest..
Why do non union carrier have better CSA scores than union carriers.
Why do union carrier pay worse than non union jobs.
Why aren't workers voting in unions if they are so great?
Why are pensions being cut?
Why do some union boss's get to collect as many as 5 different union pensions while workers get theirs cut??
You sound like a true hater. That's too bad for you because if it is not our pensions or wages you would seek other areas to find fault. Here is the facts for you to be able to sit and chew on. No matter what happens to our funds we will receive a pension from somewhere because we have paid a premium to the government for many years in case our pension funds met their demise. So we will at the very least receive a pension there. You fail to talk about the tens of thousands of Teamsters that have received several thousand dollars a month for years thanks to the Teamsters pension funds. You failed to talk about the tens of thousands that to this very day enjoy a health care plan second to none after they retire.

No you are someone that worked for less and never had the courage to go out and demand more and you have had to see Teamsters that do the same job as you get paid more and retire at a far earlier age than you ever could have and you have just become a bitter bitter old broke down truck driver.

People like you have enjoyed wage increases because of the courage and hard fought contracts we Teamsters have fought for over the years. But now that you think because we have been met with a sub par contract and our pension funds are fighting to keep benefits that would keep us Teamsters the highest paid truck drivers in America is struggling you jump on the bandwagon of the never have had drivers. You have never had the benefits that we enjoy because you were and are afraid to stand and fight and that is a fact. But do we come on here and call you a spineless coward? No we don't.

We the Teamsters truck drivers have had to deal with some pretty tough things the last several years and we will overcome any and every obstacle placed before us but the fact is you will still be working for less and you will still have to go to work and know that you have no protection other than your superior butt kissing skills.

I wish all truck drivers had a better package not just the Teamster drivers but all drivers but you sound and come across as a driver that hates and you will never be anything more than a hater. For example name all the UNION BOSSES that get five or more pensions. Name one non union carrier that pays more when you factor in all the wages and benefits and over time after eight hours.

I guess you don't read all the CSA scores or you would see how stupid your comment about all non union carriers having better CSA scores that the union carriers. That statement alone speaks volumes about your hating.

Lets talk about something that you probably know a lot about. Will Nature Boy Rick Flair ever come out of retirement?
Will the tooth fairy leave money for a denture?
When you watch Moonshiners do you get home sick.
STOP HATING YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Sour Grapes, Brother Muler..........you know the type. Either he wasn't qualified,....or he didn't figure it out,.....or he was fired from a Union carrier,........Either way, he wants to prove his choices were intelligent,....even if it means demeaning union carriers and employees.......Maybe it was too hard for him to get on with a Union carrier,.....maybe he didn't have the patience, and needed short-term paychecks over long-term pensions.......Anyway,...now it looks like he has an ax to grind with Union employees,....and wants the world to know his choice of a non-Union employer was the smartest thing in the world.......( ...his world, maybe...).........I guess he hasn't read any transportation history in the last two decades or so,......doesn't realize that Wall Street has deliberately set it's sights on organized trucking because they fear the power of organized working people........The passage of this "Crimenibus" bill recently, should've proved that to him,....trucking pensions and hours of service,....and UPS,....are specifically mentioned in this spending bill,.....all to our detriment. Sure,....we'll all agree that Union carriers are hurting.....but he doesn't realize that he,.....and his attitude about Unions,......are the symptoms of the disease,....not the result. Wall Street fears Unions.....Your employer fears Unions,........Politicians fear Unions,........And all three have combined to ..."teach"....working people to hate Unions,............and some people are very, very easily... "taught".........

Good post Brother. While ex and other hates believe that being a truck driver and getting paid better for it is something bad. He is a hater and there is nothing we can do about it except get some laughs while reading his jealous hatred.
Not once has he ever spoke about how union contracts have resulted in better and safer equipment for all truck drivers. Because we set the bar for safety when it came to equipment.

Look at some of the equipment that others are forced to drive. How about breaks does he think the non union companies started that? He would be wrong. How about overtime does he think non union companies started that? He would be wrong.

I wonder if he gives back to his company any thing that was given him because of union contracts? I think not. I may be wrong but I haven't seen where he post anything about his GREAT RETIREMENT PACKAGE.

SAD SAD HATER! YOUR BROTHER OF PEACE AND LOVE ALWAYS!

Good posts Muler and canaryinthemine but don't waste your time on Puffy. He won't be back to debate you on the issues. He has a long history of hit and run Teamster bashing. It appears that he is an untouchable and has been allowed to troll and attack the Teamsters for years. He use to post that he was a Teamster who worked for, the then mobbed up, New England Motor Freight before they changed over to the machinists union. He use to tell lies about how he was suing the Teamsters for stealing his pension.

Thank you, Brother Crystal,....and Merry Christmas! On an open forum, most of that post wasn't for him, specifically,....but it was to make other non-Union guys think about their choices, and remind them that unions are under attack,.....and that they should remember that they are being "used"......just as much as the non-Union side tells them Unions will ...."use" ...them,.....to achieve the goals Wall Street wants. We all have to pick our side carefully in this battle. I choose the Working People's side, as I know you,....and Bro. Muler,....and others,....have done.

They will lie,....They will threaten,....they will cheat,........They will call your family,...They will call your wife,........They will pull pins and flatten tires.
I've often heard that door swings both ways. Maybe the horror stories I've heard over the years about Union members using extreme measures to garner a "yes" vote when trying to occupy new territory are not true. I also understand the Union is opposed to the secret ballot because it protects the anonymity (and safety) of the "no" voter.

I'm not trying to instigate anything here, only pointing out a long held perception held by many that doesn't help promote trust in an organization that wants to become a major player in one's livelihood.