ABF | Attention Fed Ex and Conway

I don't believe he's even a driver. I can understand how someone could look at everything and decide that they don't want to work union. I can't understand how any driver could be 100% happy with anything. Nobody is. Therefore I think he's a manager trying to keep the union out. But why he's over here trumpeting his story is beyond me.

I don't believe he's even a driver. I can understand how someone could look at everything and decide that they don't want to work union. I can't understand how any driver could be 100% happy with anything. Nobody is. Therefore I think he's a manager trying to keep the union out. But why he's over here trumpeting his story is beyond me.
He posted a response to the union thread on the fedex forum. Reads like a form letter. If he is a driver, he hasnt been for more than a few years and has never driven for anyone but who taught him how to drive. But I dont believe he is either.

Not 100 percent happy. There is always room for improvement. Just know that your union isn't the answer. On here to refute your trumpeting for the union side that is aimed at our company. I notice that you troll on our board without being invited, whereas I am responding to your board reaching out to us. Are you the pot or the kettle? Lol.

Not 100 percent happy. There is always room for improvement. Just know that your union isn't the answer. On here to refute your trumpeting for the union side that is aimed at our company. I notice that you troll on our board without being invited, whereas I am responding to your board reaching out to us. Are you the pot or the kettle? Lol.
I see that you don't understand what trolling is or that nobody needs an invitation to post anywhere on this BB. And certainly not a Moderator. I visit and offer facts when fiction is being spread. Nothing more and nothing less. I am not out to coerce anyone into inviting the Teamsters Union into their shop but I am into dispelling lies, myths and rumors whatever they may be. I can't say the same for you. You spew anything you want to be the case and act like it is the facts of the matter. Sadly you don't see things for what they really are but I am confident that the majority of the population does. So...carry on.

I see that you don't understand what trolling is or that nobody needs an invitation to post anywhere on this BB. And certainly not a Moderator. I visit and offer facts when fiction is being spread. Nothing more and nothing less. I am not out to coerce anyone into inviting the Teamsters Union into their shop but I am into dispelling lies, myths and rumors whatever they may be. I can't say the same for you. You spew anything you want to be the case and act like it is the facts of the matter. Sadly you don't see things for what they really are but I am confident that the majority of the population does. So...carry on.
I don't think that 3 of our 367 terminals voting yes is a majority by any stretch of the imagination. What are the supposed lies, myths, and rumors? As a moderator you seem to be only one sided on this issue. Just saying.....

I don't think that 3 of our 367 terminals voting yes is a majority by any stretch of the imagination. What are the supposed lies, myths, and rumors? As a moderator you seem to be only one sided on this issue. Just saying.....
It is a brand new year and there are some amazing things on the horizon. Get back to me in a few weeks on this.

I see no other moderator stepped in to put him in his place....must be a union thing

Well,.....Here in Western Pa.......FedEx just,......ahhh....."hired"....a former Union "official" to speak to the FedEx guys and try to talk them out of organizing.....First off,...he had no clue what "LTL" was,......He said he was formerly from Local #326 in Newark , Del.......but he came across as pure New Jersey,...if you get my drift.....And,........He lost all credibility, himself, when some of the FedEx guys did some digging in his past,....and determined HE was the problem,....and no longer has Union membership because of his actions....(...contrary to popular opinion,...we get rid of lawbreakers,....We don't make them V.P's....)......Worst of all,....when questioned at the third meeting with employees,.....he blew up and started cursing his questioners! All I can say, is that he insured that more than half of the guys are going to sign cards, now....By..."hiring"...this guy, FedEx upper management showed a distinct lack of respect to their employees....3 terminals is a start,....I believe, 6 months ago, it was zero,.......And,....no one said it was going to be easy, or that every slimy trick in the "intimidation" book won't be used......Get back to us on January 1st, 2015,...and we'll compare that number of organized terminals.........

In most States it was a class D chauffeurs license.
Ahh, Brother Truxforever,....Here in Penna. , it was a Class A,.....Back then, each state issued it's own license, with their own designations. I believe you're from down around Louisiana? they used the "D" designation, there, before the national CDL. Not saying, now, that he was an active part of this industry, though,......I have a brother a few years younger than me, that had a "Class A",.....and drove when he needed a few bucks,....or was laid off from the carwash,.....or couldn't get a bouncer job,......In fact, back then, pretty much everyone had Class A's,.......All you needed was a road test/written test card from some company,....and Presto!,....You were a truckdriver!.........And,.......That's ONE of the reasons they established CDL licenses,....Eliminate the "fringe" element......

My recollection is that in PA a driver's license permitted us to drive anything up into the 1970's. I am not sure about the motorcycle (M) endorsement but the Class 3 for tractor trailer came into play right about 1976. And Class 3 is what it was until it got switched to the alpha system and I believe that was in 1990 when the CDL was born but I am not 100% on that part. In 1976 one was able to self certify their qualifications with a signature.