Attic/Rooftop TV Antenna?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5115

I'm moving to a new house and need to get my TV hooked up. I currently have an ancient rooftop antenna and it works great. The new house is not far away but reception there is not so good and I need to find something else. I would also get an amplifier if there was a good one available.

Last edited by a moderator:
ABF'er..

i still have the old fashion tv antenna on my chimney, and it is the "rotating type, i installed many, many years ago. i cannot tell you the name, but if memory serves me at this time, it may be a Channel Master.

I DO have satellite for all my movies and other channels, so this old antenna, pulls in the "regular/local tv channels" even though there of the digital signals now. i get a clear, crisp picture, and the full 1080 HD as well, for those Local channels

what i have done was i "rotated this antenna by the remote control box, to about a north by north east point, and leave it there.

actually, some of the "rods" have fallen off due to ice, and birds landing on it.

the one in the pic, i found on the Lowe's website.

but, nearly any tv/electronics specialty store, NOT a store like Best Buy should have still roof top antennas, or buy on line..????

i was once reading, where the more "rods" and the longer the length of the antenna, the beter it pulls in channels...this may be true, as i live about 50 miles from Boston, and can grab nearly every Boston channel...

to add, to the mumbo jumbo, the digital signals are more pinpoint (sort of) rather then spread wide from the old signals. you would have to be nearly dead spot on in your set up, to capture digital signals with the one you have in your posting....

the antenna i have a pic of, you can be "off" by a mile, and still capture signals...

Went to Best Buys this AM and they had version 4 of that Clearstream good for 65 miles out. Box was opened for $80 (half price). Found interesting website that lets you pinpoint your location and tells you what channels are obtainable and how strong the signal will be. Came home and mounted 'er on the old Dish hangar on the corner of the house. Connected right to the coax and viola I'm up and running. Get 56 channels all told including religious and Spanish and I challenge anyone to show me a better picture. Of course it didn't happen all that fast...you know...Murphy's law and all. I get Wilmington, Philadelphia, reading, Allentown, Bethlehem and some kind of NJ station. I live in the center of all that action. I think that I actually get more stations than that website showed that I would.

That website indicated that Philadelphia was ESE and Allentown is ENE. I have it pretty much facing east right now.

I live in the center of all that action. I think that I actually get more stations than that website showed that I would.

if it is clear line of sight, you should get many channels. i personally had seen the smaller square/rectangular antenna's, and i'd have to be spot on, as i live in an urban area. and yeah, i know of the website that shows where to point the antenna, i forgot to mention that to you earlier.

if it is clear line of sight, you should get many channels. i personally had seen the smaller square/rectangular antenna's, and i'd have to be spot on, as i live in an urban area. and yeah, i know of the website that shows where to point the antenna, i forgot to mention that to you earlier.
Where I live the towers are pretty much in two directions, I am lucky to have that.

I haven't had a tv signal in years. Netflix, about $15.00 a month may be leaving soon. And I'm addicted to reading and would rather listen to sports on XM radio.

Reactions: ESP
I haven't had a tv signal in years. Netflix, about $15.00 a month may be leaving soon. And I'm addicted to reading and would rather listen to sports on XM radio.
You might be surprised as to what you might get. I get all but two weak stations on my map.
http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/dtvmaps/
Around Jemez Springs a couple of miles can make you or break you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be surprised as to what you might get. I get all but two weak stations on my map.
http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/dtvmaps/
Around Jemez Springs a couple of miles can make you or break you.
I have no desire to sit and watch tv anymore. I listen to day old news online while I do other things. I listen to Tiger games live online or on XM radio, same with Michigan football games. I subscribe to the Albuquerque Journal, and the first thing I read is the comics. I'd rather read a book.

If you have WiFi at home, have you considered a Google Chrome cast or a Roku media stick?
I watch some missed shows on Hulu, my neighbor is filling me in on that Roku thing.
I have no desire to sit and watch tv anymore. I listen to day old news online while I do other things. I listen to Tiger games live online or on XM radio, same with Michigan football games. I subscribe to the Albuquerque Journal, and the first thing I read is the comics. I'd rather read a book.
I highly recommend Shark Tank on Friday night, new shows will be coming back soon.

Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: mud