XPO | Attn: Drivers. A question for you and maybe some answers.

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen is the core problem with management at this company. It's "MY" fault for waiting. Couldn't possibly be management that is to blame for stuff like this. Nevermind the fact that there were 3-4 trailers worth of freight sitting on the dock waiting to be loaded, it's my fault. I was more than willing to work the dock, and could have probably got 3 loads ready real quick with all that freight sitting out there. But was told NO!

But it gets better! I started my log when I reported to work, and ran out of hours about 50 miles away from home on my way back. Guess who's fault it was again? Mine! They told me I shouldn't have started my log until I punched to go hook. Guess again, Jack. If I'm sitting around here donating my time for nothing, you're going to reap the benefits of paying me cushion time after running out of hours. It's the drivers fault no matter what!

Here's an idea.. don't start a topic about this stuff and then come up with snarky insulting answers trying to pass the buck when people respond to it. The sooner management realizes that they are not infallible, and more often than not are the CAUSE of most of these problems, the sooner this company might actually turn around. I'm not holding my breath though, that's for sure...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

And this is why he is so lost probably never worked outbound and doesn't really understand what the hell we are talking about anyway. Pistion what you said is right on man!!!!. Why don't you hit the dock when they say your not ready? Huh maybe bc it takes my whole 14 hours run to NNA then I have wait on St.Louis van show up late most days then make it back with 20 mins to spare. So yeah think I'll start getting on clock when my loads are not ready and then can send someone to pick me up. Well TM this is the best idea whiteshirt came up with......................:clapping:

At our place, everybody gets there early to make sure they get their truck and clean it up..idk, but i've never heard anybody complaining about waiting. they're there anyways..not an issue. besides everything is just about ready for the gate times. anybody complaining about this is just reaching for something to complain about.

Man everyone should go to Dallas sounds like such a perfect place. No wonder your so happy beer. Maybe they can send the FOS'S to train the rest through out the company to make it one big happy family.:confused:

YES! EXACTLY! They dumb down the hiring process and hire a bunch of LESS than qualified drivers. Then when all kinds of crap gets done wrong and equipment gets tore up, they think they have to dumb down everything to their level, and then can't imagine why all the competent drivers stop giving a crap.

I'm sick of hearing about dropped trailers just as much as management is, but don't sit there and get pissed that stuff gets screwed up when you have a bunch of newbs working for you.

Same goes for the Drivecam coaching BS. At our barn, we have a driver with like 2 years experience coaching guys who have worked here since before he was born! And the SCM gets rip roaring mad because none of the guys respect him. Well duh, genius. You really think anyone will? Same when the SCM (who has never driven a truck, EVER) wants to coach us about this stuff. Yeah, ok dude... you take a 70 foot long truck through Chicago and pedal freight for a few years and then MAYBE I'll think about respecting your input on the subject.

Man I'm starting to think we work at the same barn................Are you in the south? This sounds just like our coaching driver..........(.Judge at Traffic Court)

Did y'all catch that term "work FOR me" in his post? That right there is Con-way's biggest hurdle. I never worked FOR a supervisor. I worked WITH plenty, and there were even a couple I liked. I didn't even work FOR Con-way. The only people I work for is my family. I traded services for wages at Con-way. Call this splitting hairs if you like, but Con-way's biggest problem is too many bosses and not enough leaders.

ALOT of supervisors come and go.

That' your fault then. When they call you in your have 3 options. 1. Sit around and wait and not get paid. 2. Get on the clock and work while you wait. 3. Leave and get a new report to work time. If you chose option number 1 that's your own dumb fault. This is spelled out in the policy book for everyone to see.

At our terminal linehaul drivers are NOT allowed on the dock.

What happened? I haven't seen White Shirt post anything for awhile. I think he opened a can of worms that he can't close.

That' your fault then. When they call you in your have 3 options. 1. Sit around and wait and not get paid. 2. Get on the clock and work while you wait. 3. Leave and get a new report to work time. If you chose option number 1 that's your own dumb fault. This is spelled out in the policy book for everyone to see.

Yeah, right. Choose option 2 and start working (and your 14 hr clock) and not be able to make it back from the fac and have to wait lord knows how long to get picked up. Do that several times and your tm will be up in your business. Plus I believe your 10-hr break starts when you go off duty waiting to be picked up, so you end up short on sleep because you don't get home til sometime in the afternoon. How safe is that?

Please, give me a break... Leave and get a new start time? I've already gotten up, gotten dressed, had dinner and driven to work... Where should I go? Back home? Is the company going to start paying my gas since I'm driving to work multiple times?

At our place, everybody gets there early to make sure they get their truck and clean it up..idk, but i've never heard anybody complaining about waiting. they're there anyways..not an issue. besides everything is just about ready for the gate times. anybody complaining about this is just reaching for something to complain about.

NNC was VERY bad at making the line drivers wait.

Yeah, right. Choose option 2 and start working (and your 14 hr clock) and not be able to make it back from the fac and have to wait lord knows how long to get picked up. Do that several times and your tm will be up in your business. Plus I believe your 10-hr break starts when you go off duty waiting to be picked up, so you end up short on sleep because you don't get home til sometime in the afternoon. How safe is that?

You log "on duty not driving" until you get back to the terminal and leave work. You can work for as long as you want after 14 hours, as long as you aren't driving.

Your ten off starts when you get back and punch your time sheet... NOT when you run out. It's done this way so you don't get shorted on your 10 off. Any supervisor who tries that crap, you need to call the ethics hotline ASAP.

Your ten off starts when you get back and punch your time sheet... NOT when you run out. It's done this way so you don't get shorted on your 10 off. Any supervisor who tries that crap, you need to call the ethics hotline ASAP.

Well that's good to know... BUT you miss your run the next night because you can't start til late because you had to wait to get picked up. But somehow I guess all this will get blamed back on the driver somehow.

Well that's good to know... BUT you miss your run the next night because you can't start til late because you had to wait to get picked up. But somehow I guess all this will get blamed back on the driver somehow.

Orrrr if you get back super late, you don't run the next night as you miss all the FAC gate times. Which bothered me none. :)

Don't know about down there, but here I would go to my second bid choice and bump a junior off that run. If I couldn't work all together, I should get 8 hours pay for missing my run.

Don't know about down there, but here I would go to my second bid choice and bump a junior off that run. If I couldn't work all together, I should get 8 hours pay for missing my run.

That 8 hours would come out of your pto though, right? That's MY time to take for fun, not because of the company's screw ups.

I know if you have to get put in a motel because of bad weather, the company will give you 8 hours. I dunno about the other situation.

They do not pay 8 hours for weather lay down. They reimburse for meals and expenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You better tell that to the two guys at my terminal who got stuck at XGH in the blizzard last week, because they each got paid for 8 hours. You put it in the work time list on your linehaul paysheet.