XPO | Attn: Drivers. A question for you and maybe some answers.

Well, considering it was the terminal manager who told them to put it on there and how to do it, I'm inclined to believe them over you...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

It's not supposed to, but it depends on your SCM. Years ago, I had an SCM refuse to pay me for a weather related laydown. It later came back to bite him. He has since been (to use his terminology) "made available to the industry".

It's not supposed to, but it depends on your SCM. Years ago, I had an SCM refuse to pay me for a weather related laydown. It later came back to bite him. He has since been (to use his terminology) "made available to the industry".

My comment about pto was in reference to missing your run because you got back too late the night before, not weather.

What is best is to keep the drivers door in view until you remove the red line, what works best is cranking the gear down before pulling the pin.

In my constant pursuit of enlightenment I ask the following questions;
1] What is the expected length of return {ROI}, for the cost of lean?
2} What are the expected cost savings of the camera utilization in the first year?
3} If the company is truly interested in fuel savings, why do they maintain 62MPH when they know it uses more fuel ?
4} Why has the CEOs pay increased 600% and driver pay increased 25% in the last 15 yrs ?

1. 2016 for the first Pilot sites, 5 years for each site thereafter (Reference the 2016 Lean Vision)
2. This will be in the 1st qtr video as part of Greg's waterfall slides
3. Detroit Diesel has verified repetitively that 62 mph conserves fuel if progressive shifting is properly employed.
4. I'm not able to verify those number's on Doug's salary, but unfortunately CEOs are getting insane salaries nationwide, it's the market. If con-way didn't pay him a high salary, someone else would. No doubt the drivers break their backs and one could call it unfair. However, is it fair that a guy throwing a football gets millions while a guy fighting for our freedom gets hundreds? Nope...just the world we live in.

Hope this helps...

Be honest white shirt Conway is all about Quazi-military management style. Explain to the boys what that means.

I so detest the Quazi-military management style that I quit a job in 2008 just because the manager I would have been working for was a former CF regional VP. I will NOT treat people like that! Ever!

# iDeliver you have access to the pay of the upper management. it is in the Proxy statement you will get soon.
I have seen some comments about the dropped trailers. Here's my take. I have dropped a trailer. I have been here for 15 years. Not because I didn't look. I did look. Here's the problem. The tang on the lock is rusty, Always. If the 5th wheel don't latch correctly and the tang does not extend, there is also a rust spot on the jaws exactly where the tang should be and in alot of cases it looks like the tang is there when it is not. I feel if they want to inforce this policy, the tang needs to be a different color like red that way there is no mistaking it not being there. I brought this up to the management and he told me pretty much too bad. All it is a reason the get rid of people. To me that is proof right there.

# iDeliver you have access to the pay of the upper management. it is in the Proxy statement you will get soon.
I have seen some comments about the dropped trailers. Here's my take. I have dropped a trailer. I have been here for 15 years. Not because I didn't look. I did look. Here's the problem. The tang on the lock is rusty, Always. If the 5th wheel don't latch correctly and the tang does not extend, there is also a rust spot on the jaws exactly where the tang should be and in alot of cases it looks like the tang is there when it is not. I feel if they want to inforce this policy, the tang needs to be a different color like red that way there is no mistaking it not being there. I brought this up to the management and he told me pretty much too bad. All it is a reason the get rid of people. To me that is proof right there.

Yellow would be easier to see. If you are partially color blind you can not see true red.

How many 5th wheel changes have we've seen lately?

They can't leave well enough alone. The best fifth wheels we ever had were the ones that were on the 2008 Sterlings and they only lasted a short time. This version did not have any kind of lock on the handle. Just pull straight out and go. None of this crap like the current ones where you have to practically dislocate your shoulder in order to push the bar up and forward in order to pull it out.

Anyone else notice whiteshirt went dark? I would bet he asked his TM for the answers to these questions, and was told to stop posting or get fired!

Now that's funny!!! Seems to be the problem with current management structure... They say they want to help you and answer your questions, and when you do ask... the silence is deafening.

1. 2016 for the first Pilot sites, 5 years for each site thereafter (Reference the 2016 Lean Vision)
2. This will be in the 1st qtr video as part of Greg's waterfall slides
3. Detroit Diesel has verified repetitively that 62 mph conserves fuel if progressive shifting is properly employed.
4. I'm not able to verify those number's on Doug's salary, but unfortunately CEOs are getting insane salaries nationwide, it's the market. If con-way didn't pay him a high salary, someone else would. No doubt the drivers break their backs and one could call it unfair. However, is it fair that a guy throwing a football gets millions while a guy fighting for our freedom gets hundreds? Nope...just the world we live in.

Hope this helps...

1.By most manufacturing standards 5 yr ROI is totally unaceptable.
2. When you speak of waterfall slides, are talking about Con-Way profits?
3.Have you checked with our own mechs. and the computer print outs we generate?
4.I'm able to verify it every year in the annual report.

Hope this helps.......