Aubdriver

if his posts are any indication and if he really is a driver he never went to strike.just look in the other threads here.

Hey guys, I truely believe I did the right move. I had seen flaws out there and some people had problems with my questions to the union/local on certain things. I really didn't like how the responses came back to me. Especially from AL, Rick, and Brian. There are some things about the contract that I agree with you guys walking out on, more so for the longest tenure drivers/dock and office. There are many things about the contract and I can agree with. The Unfair Labor Acts, I totally disagree with. If the local wants to pursue the matter to the courts, then why stand out there on it, let the law decide. Changing from Monday when the walkout happened, from an Economic Strike to an Unfair Labor Practices Strike got myself and others questioning the change on the Tuesday following. I believe that this strike would have been valid, then it should have happend some time before September. I believe that the Union's locals have made a mistake in their judgement and have led Oak Harbor employees to the wrong path. I tried to consider the viewpoints from several key people and it really did not prove much to me. I understand that many people now have the upmost hatred on me for my decision. I can only hope from this day forward that they will come to understand my choices. I hold responsibility for all my actions and I have always believed in leading my way for what life has to offer me. I wish you the best.
Ray

If all this gets sorted out, and we go back to work, you will be fined and suspended from the union. You have to be messed up in the head to cross, and I have lost all respect for you. If the VPs do force the union out(wont happen), You will have just lost all alliances you have made at OHFL, and your wages will be cut!

Bravo, you, good for nothing, loser of a 'man'

And please, edit your last sentence. You dont wish us the best. You obviously dont care about anyone but yourself

Hey guys, I truely believe I did the right move. I had seen flaws out there and some people had problems with my questions to the union/local on certain things. I really didn't like how the responses came back to me. Especially from AL, Rick, and Brian. There are some things about the contract that I agree with you guys walking out on, more so for the longest tenure drivers/dock and office. There are many things about the contract and I can agree with. The Unfair Labor Acts, I totally disagree with. If the local wants to pursue the matter to the courts, then why stand out there on it, let the law decide. Changing from Monday when the walkout happened, from an Economic Strike to an Unfair Labor Practices Strike got myself and others questioning the change on the Tuesday following. I believe that this strike would have been valid, then it should have happend some time before September. I believe that the Union's locals have made a mistake in their judgement and have led Oak Harbor employees to the wrong path. I tried to consider the viewpoints from several key people and it really did not prove much to me. I understand that many people now have the upmost hatred on me for my decision. I can only hope from this day forward that they will come to understand my choices. I hold responsibility for all my actions and I have always believed in leading my way for what life has to offer me. I wish you the best.
Ray

Kind of a long post to quote...sorry about that.
Could you share with me your sources on the proposal/demands? I have been looking high and low but any sources I can find are anything but reliable. I agree that anything 'unfair' and 'illegal' should be dealt with reasonably in a court of law. That's how we do it here and it seems to be working fairly well. I can personally attest to employees that should have been let go but have the law behind them.
The closest I can get to an explantion is that IBT really doesn't like the idea of losing control of the benefits and doesn't care what they have to do, including "killing Oak Harbor" in order to prevent a precedent. (The 'killing...' thing was quoted to me by a Teamster member who was, in turn, quoting a Teamster official.) Without having official documents, it is virtually impossible to make a decision or even have an opinion about what is going on.

If all this gets sorted out, and we go back to work, you will be fined and suspended from the union. You have to be messed up in the head to cross, and I have lost all respect for you. If the VPs do force the union out(wont happen), You will have just lost all alliances you have made at OHFL, and your wages will be cut!

Bravo, you, good for nothing, loser of a 'man'

And please, edit your last sentence. You dont wish us the best. You obviously dont care about anyone but yourself

Why would you want to use threats in order to keep loyalty? It makes union members appear to anyone as some kind of a street gang. I can understand your zeal but you might be giving your organization a black eye.

Ray

Once a "strike line crosser" always a "strike line crosser" what, are you to lazy to find another job? Your not really trying to justify the fundamentals you actions simply because your BA didn't coddle you? Are you? It's tough on everyone, you are undermining your former co-workers efforts. If you voted down the contract, and voted yes on the strike vote, your actions were the precursor to all events that followed, as I have said before the Intl. would have be happy to take your dues money had you been satisfied with the contract offer.

You are pretty low down, these boards will not permit me to explain my disdain for you in detail. In every bunch their are always a few like you, remember, the company is not on your side, and will likely look to replace you when it is viable. At the good jobs, where we make decent money and have good benefits folks like you just don't last. Nobody in labor will ever understand your choices, except to know that you are what we hope our children never become.

Why would you want to use threats in order to keep loyalty? It makes union members appear to anyone as some kind of a street gang. I can understand your zeal but you might be giving your organization a black eye.
I wouldnt call them threats. Any place you work for has rules/guidelines. If these are broken, there will be consequences. The Teamsters are signing our checks, and the rulebook is small and simple

I wouldnt call them threats. Any place you work for has rules/guidelines. If these are broken, there will be consequences. The Teamsters are signing our checks, and the rulebook is small and simple

I was referring mostly to the way you presented the 'consequences.' Your case will be much better made if it is not seething with vengence.
Just trying to help.

easy

this guy comes on here and explained why to you. i give him credit for even posting something like that on the issue. why threaten him. i cannot wait until the threats come towards me. you guys talk about unfair labor and how the company is trying to bully employees and look at the way you are presenting yourselves. get a life, i hope that many more of us drop some b@!!$ and do what he did.

AUBdriver said;
"this guy comes on here and explained why to you. i give him credit for even posting something like that on the issue. why threaten him. i cannot wait until the threats come towards me. you guys talk about unfair labor and how the company is trying to bully employees and look at the way you are presenting yourselves. get a life, i hope that many more of us drop some b@!!$ and do what he did. "

Give him credit? I'd give him credit if he had a good reason, the only "credit" is that he signed his name. If he thought he did good he wouldn't be hiding and exiting the back gate! Get a clue genius!
Since when is clarifying his actions a threat?
Can't wait till threats come to you? That's soooo cute!! Are you still in 3rd grade?
Your rhetorical comparison (unfair labor vs. the way we present ourselves) almost made sense, apples and oranges bud. You hope many more of y'all do what he did, well seems to me you're just as clueless.