Central Transport | August '07 News Letter and Payscale

Sandbox

TB Lurker
Credits
Looks like it's going to be Dec/Jan when the terminals merge. It's about time. I'm very interested about how it's going to pan out on the payscale side of everything. I've been with Vitran for two years and make less on the hour than a new hire at PJAX. That's just not going to stand when we all come together. Or will it???

Just recently I noticed the newest version of our rip off scale.....er. I mean, payscale has been complicated even more than before. The doubles get this, singles get this, hourly workers before this date top out here, after, they top out here, you get a 90 day raise, now you don't,....

They felt like it was OK to partition new hires to a different payscale, what'll stop then from partitioning the PJAX guys from the Vitran guys? Down the road a few years, you'll have three different groups of drivers all with the same years of service all getting paid differently. That in itself will breed trouble. Hope they'll be ready.

Looks like it's going to be Dec/Jan when the terminals merge. It's about time. I'm very interested about how it's going to pan out on the payscale side of everything. I've been with Vitran for two years and make less on the hour than a new hire at PJAX. That's just not going to stand when we all come together. Or will it???

Just recently I noticed the newest version of our rip off scale.....er. I mean, payscale has been complicated even more than before. The doubles get this, singles get this, hourly workers before this date top out here, after, they top out here, you get a 90 day raise, now you don't,....

They felt like it was OK to partition new hires to a different payscale, what'll stop then from partitioning the PJAX guys from the Vitran guys? Down the road a few years, you'll have three different groups of drivers all with the same years of service all getting paid differently. That in itself will breed trouble. Hope they'll be ready.
then all you guys chris pjax etc will be getting vitran pay???

Latest Rumor Mill Products... our Riverport driver was stop by two others and asked about PJAX trying to pull out of the merger. Said it had something to do with the lack of progress on the integration and some under cutting in the overlap states. I don't really know any details other than this.

Mid-States is in trouble??? Is this true??

Latest Rumor Mill Products... our Riverport driver was stop by two others and asked about PJAX trying to pull out of the merger. Said it had something to do with the lack of progress on the integration and some under cutting in the overlap states. I don't really know any details other than this.

Mid-States is in trouble??? Is this true??

I don't see how they can we own them as of Nov of last year.The merge is only internal @ the over lapping term.