Yellow | Augusta and Portland being combined

stacker

TB Lurker
Credits
We were told they were going to combine them around Jan 1st and the freight would go to Buffalo. 5 dockworkers and 3 drivers are going to be able to transfer from 120.

Is Bangor getting any of the Frt?
Augusta has one hell of a large P&D area, IA Portland going to be able to handle it all?

Its to bad we're selling off terminals rather than getting freight to fill them. I swear we're in the real estate business. The amount of customers we are losing is rediculous. Take Chesire when they closed all those terminals, we probably lost 30 loads a night of CT freight. Its a real shame.

I work out of 107.We didn't loose that much freight,it's just that you guys ain't getting it anymore.We send it to 135,231,211,and 309.It's just the sign of the times!

Skillit said:
Its to bad we're selling off terminals rather than getting freight to fill them. I swear we're in the real estate business. The amount of customers we are losing is rediculous. Take Chesire when they closed all those terminals, we probably lost 30 loads a night of CT freight. Its a real shame.
I hear it every day how we're losing customers on lack of loading skills to can't get the freight to them. If this is the cast why hasn't anything change to solve the problem? Alot of pointing the finger or just alot of bull:censored2:

thegr8one said:
Theres no free ride unless we don't deliver on time or if we damaged it.
i can understand that. but some of the freight that we haul carrys a small profit due to the high discounts that customers expect. what was the last figure that i heard that we make on a delivery? $1.50 or somewhere in that area. maybe the company has a shift towards towards higher paying low damage freight. i don't work the dock but all i see now are motors running all over the place

stacker said:
We were told they were going to combine them around Jan 1st and the freight would go to Buffalo. 5 dockworkers and 3 drivers are going to be able to transfer from 120.
It`s my understanding that freight from the south goes thru 120, and west freight goes thru 231. So, even tho they are combining terminals in Maine, I don`t see a difference in the freight flow.I don`t understand the movement of drivers and dockworkers!

That's the way I was told it the freight would go also. It doesn't seem like we should lose that much either. Bangor will get 1 person from Augusta and Portland will get 5. The change is to be heard about Oct 16th and go into effect Jan 1st