SAIA | Automated payroll: A couple quick facts

Demolitionman

TB Veteran
Credits
There was alot of confusion in the CLT region about the new automated pay system. Alot of us were under the impression if you didn't take nearly an hour to drop one set of pups and hook another, the amount of time under 54 minutes would be deducted from your drop pay. I found out this is not true. It has taken me 30-45 minutes to drop and hook pups, and 15 minutes to drop and hook a van. I still recieved all of my time. Also, we were worried we would have to give the company an additional 30 minutes between our 4th and 6th hours beyond the 30 minutes we had to give past our cut times anyway. With the new system you get paid starting at your cut time until the time your bills are closed out on the dock as long as it's not between the 4th and 6th. If it falls in that time frame, you must give them the normal 30 minutes. I cannot comment on how system drivers or off schedule drivers will be paid. I only found those 2 things out last week from personal experience.

i guess that proves that dispatchers can still screw you.

remember if the dispatcher in the window tries to hose you out of your time, give central a call.

There was alot of confusion in the CLT region about the new automated pay system. Alot of us were under the impression if you didn't take nearly an hour to drop one set of pups and hook another, the amount of time under 54 minutes would be deducted from your drop pay. I found out this is not true. It has taken me 30-45 minutes to drop and hook pups, and 15 minutes to drop and hook a van. I still recieved all of my time. Also, we were worried we would have to give the company an additional 30 minutes between our 4th and 6th hours beyond the 30 minutes we had to give past our cut times anyway. With the new system you get paid starting at your cut time until the time your bills are closed out on the dock as long as it's not between the 4th and 6th. If it falls in that time frame, you must give them the normal 30 minutes. I cannot comment on how system drivers or off schedule drivers will be paid. I only found those 2 things out last week from personal experience.

Just to remind everyone that the computer considers any delay time between the fourth and sixth hour as lunch time first, then after that delay time applies. Also remember that if you arrive prior to the ETA, delay pay will not kick in until after the ETA. No reason to run hard any more as any early arrival time is on your nickle. Ahhhhh....time for another nap..zzzzzzzzzzz :smilie_132:

i stopped getting in a hurry a couple weeks ago. i always arrive early, and use to i would get my bills early. now i do not recieve them until the time i am suppose to even if the load is ready and the bills have been checked for hazmat. oh well....i'm a bit more relaxed...i do miss part of my midnight XM show though.

What else would you expect from "lips" Costner??

:hysterical::biglaugh:

yep i think it's fixed now

one other thing when they are doing your delay time and dispatching you they will ask if you are hooked if you answer yes, your drop and hook will end there and your delay pay will be backed up 27 minutes. remember no over lapping times, so i will not hook before i get my bills