SAIA | Automated trip cards

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
Since I only run linehaul on a volunteer basis, I won't be dealing with this anytime soon. However, you full time linehaul drivers have started to experience it. Howzit goin' with the new system? What kinda bugs are being experienced? Time cards available for workoffs, etc.

Hope this thing works out, but..........Thurs afternoon there was a power surge at DLS and......pop....crackle.....fzzzzzz......and no lights and the server at the terminal was fried......:biglaugh: . No city or line haul dispatch available over the computers. The backup generators kicked in but,..........:smilie_132: . Everything had to be done over the phones and on paper. Here our terminal is located in the crossroad of distribution of the southwest and what do we do? SEND A SERVER ON THE SCHEDULED RUN OUT OF NOL. The next day. ON THE SECOND RUN OUT OF NOL! Computerized payroll? HUH?.....

However.........

Local Linehaul dispatch runs off the server......and there was a lot of downtime for a lot of drivers that night. The linehaul at Central can't communicate to DLS if there are no computers active at DLS. Since one has to converse with the other......well you get the scenario.

BTW I'm overhearing in conversations that some are getting shorted runs, improper pay codes (meaning paying not enough because the computer can't or doesn't recognize the codes)

The memo is posted where the automated system is supposed to go on line now at NSH and FON and the rest of us at the end of Sept. Will anybody out there in those locations let us know how the thing is working out? It would be nice to know what size cow pie we will be stepping in.

i was told by jacknife that when you go to the linehaul pay summary online, it shows your drop and hooks and milage only. our delay or breakdown pay does not show up on the summary. maybe they will fix that when the full deal comes out. i guess i will start making notes of everything on my logs and double checking more closely. btw....as i stated earlier, i did get paid a paperless trip when i was a city driver 2 years ago. i was shocked...

Iam out of Fon. so far it's not that bad but you have to watch your pay,there are a few things that need to be addresd such as giving a half hour up for shop time, before you go on the clock.