ABF | Automatic Transmissions.

Back in the day I drove a lift truck with a floor shift.
It was just forward and reverse but it was still a stick and you had to use the clutch.
As much as I like automatic transmissions. It's hard to believe some "truck drivers" can't shift a manual transmission.
Let alone know what double clutch means.
(probably think it's a jumping rope term)
:1036316054:

It was just forward and reverse but it was still a stick and you had to use the clutch.
As much as I like automatic transmissions. It's hard to believe some "truck drivers" can't shift a manual transmission.

I've driven a slew of all kind of configurations, I'm probably the best driver to ever crap between a pair of shoes.
But my worse nightmare was a 48 Ford tractor with a 4 spd main, a 2 spd axle on a stick between the drivers door and seat, it was not made to change without scraping gears, how the transmission stayed in this truck,
I'll never know.
I think it is a jump rope!

So if a junior guy only has an automatic license and a senior guy has a regular license, the junior guy would end up with a new truck and the senior guy would end up with the old crappy truck? And to go further, if the new truck is hooked to a 500 mile run and the crappy standard shift truck is hooked to a 300 mile trip how does that work?
Find a way to put the crappy truck out of service. von.

I've driven a slew of all kind of configurations, I'm probably the best driver to ever crap between a pair of shoes.
But my worse nightmare was a 48 Ford tractor with a 4 spd main, a 2 spd axle on a stick between the drivers door and seat, it was not made to change without scraping gears, how the transmission stayed in this truck,
I'll never know.
I think it is a jump rope!
So you reach down to put more air in the seat & you grab the shifter? Do ya think Big Dave could keep it in gear, having to reach for the seats air supply all the time. I am gonna apply there next week. Important to know before doing so. von.

So you reach down to put more air in the seat & you grab the shifter? Do ya think Big Dave could keep it in gear, having to reach for the seats air supply all the time. I am gonna apply there next week. Important to know before doing so. von.

A 48 Ford with an air seat? lucky to have a seat, I think it was a milk crate.
Dave has his own air supply, I hope he doesn't team you with the ugly guy!

Some don’t know what low clearance, 13’ means either....Or , signs that say, NO TRUCKS, or how many pounds is 5 ton..

Some don’t know what low clearance, 13’ means either....Or , signs that say, NO TRUCKS, or how many pounds is 5 ton..

When I started to work for Coop, I was told, "don't worry about weight or clearance, just maintain 15mph at all times"

When I started to work for Coop, I was told, "don't worry about weight or clearance, just maintain 15mph at all times"

QRqb8KW.jpg

Reactions: mud
Double-clutch: To grab a beer mug with BOTH hands.

And probably a flip switch on the dash that read slippery and dry, also that stupid "flag" that would hang in front of ya something like low air

I just don't see how you could drive with 2 gear sticks.
I guess the truck has 2 clutches, now I know what truckers mean when they say double clutching.

International used a lot of Browne/Lipe auxillary transmissions with a 5 speed main transmission. Saw a lot of them in dump trucks. Having the extra low gears helped start the load moving when in off road conditions.