Average pay

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Any of you Sysco guys on this average pay BS? We are on it before DIP kicks in, you know the pay change that goes hand in hand with the 212 roll out that went nation wide before Sysco AR could work the bugs out of it.

We are getting the **** worked out of us in Tulsa, I was told I would get the greater of the two, I either get the average, or I get the greater pay if I earn it, for the last 3 weeks I have been paid the same, working 5 days a week, I'm loosing around 350 per week over this, the boss wants us to do extra stuff but we aren't getting compensated, just wondering if you guys were having the same issues, I'm going to sit down with one of my job stewards and figure this out, I think we are being had here. BTW, on ADP they don't show anything, no breakdown so we can track our pay, at this point we have to trust them, and I don't!

GT

They tried it at Sysco Iowa when I was there but nobody liked it, so they went back to the traditional ABC pay bcuz only a few drivers benefitted from that pay scale. While most lost. I'm at Sysco Atlanta now and we've always been on the traditional ABC pay scale. Hopefully they don't get any ideas bcuz I love my pay on the ABC. Anything less would be frustrating...

They tried it at Sysco Iowa when I was there but nobody liked it, so they went back to the traditional ABC pay bcuz only a few drivers benefitted from that pay scale. While most lost. I'm at Sysco Atlanta now and we've always been on the traditional ABC pay scale. Hopefully they don't get any ideas bcuz I love my pay on the ABC. Anything less would be frustrating...

Welcome Brother! Your right there is talk here about getting rid of DIP and going back to ABC, Sysco OK had to fund the cameras somehow!

Thanks for the welcome. I hope you guys go back to ABC. If they ever put us on a payscale that would cause us to make less, everyone would quit at Sysco ATL

SyscoAtlien, how is the the Sysco Atlanta warehouse? My husband heard the pay was nice there and they treat their employees good, is that true? He was thinking about trying to transfer to the Atlanta warehouse, but we wanted some inside info before really considering it and moving our family. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Also, what kind of hours do you work and how many stops/cases do you get? I know it changes daily, but I just want an estimate. :)

I work in KC. Mailers were sent out earlier in the week, official meeting is tomorrow morning for us. As of the end of this year no more pension for non-union employees, though they're automatically contributing 3% of our salary to 401k at the end of each year and the company match is automatic instead of tied to company performance.

Union shops aren't affected...yet but given they no longer want to make pension contributions I'd be surprised if that isn't one of the first things they ask for at the table next contract time.

I work in KC. Mailers were sent out earlier in the week, official meeting is tomorrow morning for us. As of the end of this year no more pension for non-union employees, though they're automatically contributing 3% of our salary to 401k at the end of each year and the company match is automatic instead of tied to company performance.

Union shops aren't affected...yet but given they no longer want to make pension contributions I'd be surprised if that isn't one of the first things they ask for at the table next contract time.

Last I heard KC was union, reading your post I'm thinking your non-union, are you management, we welcome everyone here, if your mgmt, its not a bad thing, I would love to have a member of mgmt on here so we could share, I'm not at all against mgmt, it takes the whole team to make things work, we just lead different lives and think differently.

Last I heard KC was union, reading your post I'm thinking your non-union, are you management, we welcome everyone here, if your mgmt, its not a bad thing, I would love to have a member of mgmt on here so we could share, I'm not at all against mgmt, it takes the whole team to make things work, we just lead different lives and think differently.

Nope, I'm living the Sysco dream in a truck all day.
KC drivers are split into 2 groups. "City" drivers work exclusively in the metro area, "country" drivers cover the outskirts and layover routes (as well as the drivers who live and work off-site. Country drivers hve always been non-union, city drivers were union until about 3-4 years ago. "Sysco KC" is in Olathe KS, KS is a right to work state so of the 35 or so city drivers only about 10 of us (all of whom have been with the company for a good while and remember why) were members. Mgmnt was always careful to keep the country drivers a step or two ahead of us in pay and benefits, that eventually caused a couple of drivers to start a decert petition. Our local surprisingly just threw their hands up and wrote us off. Low member numbers plus a relatively large number of new hires a couple of months before the vote got the union thrown out. Course the guys who started the petition have long ago quit.
Don't want to come across as complaining too much, all in all it's still a great place to work. Pay's well above anyone else in town and under ABC (about 8 years ago) I'm only working 45 maybe 50 hrs in a heavy week and making a heck of a lot more than when we were hourly.

BTW, what's going on with OK taking on the Wichita KS market?

Nope, I'm living the Sysco dream in a truck all day.
KC drivers are split into 2 groups. "City" drivers work exclusively in the metro area, "country" drivers cover the outskirts and layover routes (as well as the drivers who live and work off-site. Country drivers hve always been non-union, city drivers were union until about 3-4 years ago. "Sysco KC" is in Olathe KS, KS is a right to work state so of the 35 or so city drivers only about 10 of us (all of whom have been with the company for a good while and remember why) were members. Mgmnt was always careful to keep the country drivers a step or two ahead of us in pay and benefits, that eventually caused a couple of drivers to start a decert petition. Our local surprisingly just threw their hands up and wrote us off. Low member numbers plus a relatively large number of new hires a couple of months before the vote got the union thrown out. Course the guys who started the petition have long ago quit.
Don't want to come across as complaining too much, all in all it's still a great place to work. Pay's well above anyone else in town and under ABC (about 8 years ago) I'm only working 45 maybe 50 hrs in a heavy week and making a heck of a lot more than when we were hourly.

BTW, what's going on with OK taking on the Wichita KS market?

Wow, I didn't know, I did hear many years ago that a Sysco driver out of KC heading toward Dallas was non-union, I never made sense of that, now I know. If you know a mgr that isn't a total ass give him or her this site, maybe we can get their insite.

About us taking part of the KS market, I was only told we are gonna do it, out of the pratt ks shuttle yard, we already send a truck up to Wichita once a week, 5 stops, 300 cases, why bother? I am not a big fan of this move, we can't handle what we have now.

I'm a shuttle driver out of the Tulsa yard, we go down to Norman and wait 2 hrs, we get our loads late, then on the 2nd trip we are an hour or more late getting our guys on their routes! I'm sure that the KS loads will be put before the 6 or more Tulsa trailers that go out on the first round, (that are always late), our guys are gonna suffer big time, don't matter to me, I'm by the hour, I feel for our route drivers though, if they rack up my hours during the week, that means they have to one trip me on friday or I'll run over my 60, I get to start my weekend early, so F'em!!!

The KS drivers ain't gonna like being tied to Sysco OK, its a real cluster here.