Averitt | Averitt Facilities

mlang216

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey guys, currently on line haul for Central Freight Lines in Fort Worth, TX. recently did a run from Fort Worth to Little Rock, then all the way to Nashville. I've passed a few of your facilities, and I noticed that they seem very nice.

Does Averitt generally have nicer equipment and terminals than the average LTL?

Thanks.

Same here! Our terminals, however....
To finish that point about the terminals, any facility in Texas under the pathetic leadership of one Calvin R., all of them relatively new mind you, have been allowed to become quickly run down. It is sad actually....urinals off the walls, sinks that don't work, tile that has ground in dirt, floors with missing tiles, doors with the latches missing, even security doors.

Most of the ones that I have been are top of the line. Maybe one day Cookville will move their drivers to the top of the line in pay. Always talking about image but our image as the way drivers are paid in the rest of the LTL world makes us look like old Houston yard ten years ago.

Work started this morning at NOR. Expanding the yard, adding 50 doors, and some sort of addition to the shop.
Wait, isn't NOR relatively new?

Why is it needing renovation and expansion at this point? Was one company too cheap to have the insight to see down the road before original construction?

Yet another in the laundry list of examples of "management by hair on fire". No wonder AE is a 3rd or 4th rate outfit.

Most of the ones that I have been are top of the line. Maybe one day Cookville will move their drivers to the top of the line in pay. Always talking about image but our image as the way drivers are paid in the rest of the LTL world makes us look like old Houston yard ten years ago.
I resemble that old Houston yard. AE originally obtained that yard on a 10 year lease and we endured that yard for 10 LONG AND MISERABLE years. The shirts in Kookville couldn't care less what kind of craphole we worked in because they were in their little cushy offices, far removed from the disaster that was dubbed "Baghdad on Cavalcade St.". And we had diesel forklifts to mix with the acres of dust.

Guess what else. That wonderful "smart yard" in CRP without water, roof (yes, I said no roof. GINORMOUS dock but no roof), or generatorless electricity. They haven't upgraded or moved because little dick likes having to pay no more rent per month than the current $50 per month rent (unless it has gone up since I left AE).

Here is a photo of what the place looks like today after some company fixed it up (as good as a hell hole like that can be fixed up)
Screen%2Bshot%2B2014-07-31%2Bat%2B1.49.03%2BPM.png

Wait, isn't NOR relatively new?

Why is it needing renovation and expansion at this point? Was one company too cheap to have the insight to see down the road before original construction?

Yet another in the laundry list of examples of "management by hair on fire". No wonder AE is a 3rd or 4th rate outfit.
AVRT had to expand the NOR yard, there is no place to park, drop trailers, the place is a ZOO, They are expanding FUL also, parking is getting scarce at CLT,NAS,DAL and even KNX. AVRT has reopened part of MRT to park T/L trucks and drop trailers. AVRT needs to rid of all those CRAPPY old trailers that they are trying to sell that NOBODY wants.....SCRAP THEM!

Cookeville needs to do something about the HOU serctr. Used to be nice, but has turned into a CRAPHOLE....the junk laying around the shop has made it a obstacle course, FILTHY facility, 3rd world showers, and break room facilities are 3rd rate, getting into and out of there is a JOKE......can't believe the SERCTR Director has not been fired!
Something needs to be done with DAL.....no place to park or drop a trailer....that mud area in the northeast corner needs to be paved!

Cookeville needs to do something about the HOU serctr. Used to be nice, but has turned into a CRAPHOLE....the junk laying around the shop has made it a obstacle course, FILTHY facility, 3rd world showers, and break room facilities are 3rd rate, getting into and out of there is a JOKE......can't believe the SERCTR Director has not been fired!
Something needs to be done with DAL.....no place to park or drop a trailer....that mud area in the northeast corner needs to be paved!

The SC director in HOU is LOVED by yet another incompetent, the regional manager, Calvin R in Dallas, who is loved by yet another incompetent,Rickard K in Kookeville. They are all birds of a feather. Incompetence, personified.

The manager in HOU is a joke, has always been a joke and will always be a joke but has been there for about 8 years. We used to have a cohesive team there that worked together like a well oiled machine but ever since that imbecile showed up, it's another crap hole in the world of crappy terminal facilities. It is because of him and him only that the terminal that opened in August, 10 years ago, looks to be 100 years old and in a horrible state of disrepair. I don't miss that place one bit. GLAD to be gone. I'm surprised I stayed there as long as I did. It is nothing more than a training ground without trainers. Once people learn a little something, they move on to real companies.

Jeepman, start taking pictures and sending them to Lyle and David, just email them a polite email telling them this is what the drivers are dealing with, photos do wonders when stuff isn't up to par.

Jeepman, start taking pictures and sending them to Lyle and David, just email them a polite email telling them this is what the drivers are dealing with, photos do wonders when stuff isn't up to par.
Especially in HOU. Drop that TM in the grease.

The bible thumper's view of foul language and actual foul language are 2 different things. But that's OK, it's most likely why this Averitt forum, like Averitt itself, is a dying entity.
Truth telling cannot be tolerated.