Averitt | Averitt's excessive speed policy

Iceman

Company Man
Credits
Conviction of a moving violation or documented observation while operating tractors in excess of governed speed will result in a reduction of safety points as outlined below.

72 = deduct 2 points
73 = deduct 4 points
74 = deduct 6 points
75 = deduct 8 points
76+ = immediate termination
Associates have 2 weeks to resolve any moving violation before it results in loss of safety points.

Could truly care less. They are SO tough. I bet a terminal manager or regional manager or safety man or corporate head honcho can cruise along with no worries of this silly policy because it would NEVER be enforced on them (again, a double standard). You know they will NEVER get rid of the beloved little dick!

A question for truckload..... I had a friend tell me that they have started something where the qual comm now alerts flt mgrs of overspeeds and drivers get the phone call. We all know that they can track and know all we do but they used to not say anything unless there was documentation of speeding (over 70) such as a ticket or that cheesy company they previously hired to follow us around telling on us, has that changed? Has anyone been warned or heard from their fleet mgr over speeding>

I'm not TL, but I do know our daycabs record extreme braking of "leaning" into a curve too quickly, the Qualcolm sends a message to HQ, and our drivers have been asked about the incident.

I've heard that from other drivers....It's still business as usual for me.......I've noticed that corporate NEVER mentioned anything about doing 65 in a 55 or a 45 so and so forth
I'm mean after all...do they want it picked up and delivered ON TME or WHAT?

I'm not TL, but I do know our daycabs record extreme braking of "leaning" into a curve too quickly, the Qualcolm sends a message to HQ, and our drivers have been asked about the incident.
Whenever one of those flashing caution triangles flashes on my QC, I clear it out at the next time and disregard it. Never been asked about it and would make up some BS if I were asked about it.

I've heard that from other drivers....It's still business as usual for me.......I've noticed that corporate NEVER mentioned anything about doing 65 in a 55 or a 45 so and so forth
I'm mean after all...do they want it picked up and delivered ON TME or WHAT?
Exactly. I drive that truck, not corporate.

Whenever one of those flashing caution triangles flashes on my QC, I clear it out at the next time and disregard it. Never been asked about it and would make up some BS if I were asked about it.
That is not what I'm speaking of, when you trip a "critical incident" sensor you will know it. The flashing caution triangles are not a result of a "critical incident". And yes you can lie about why it was tripped,but either way there is no disciplinary action for this sensor being tripped.

That is not what I'm speaking of, when you trip a "critical incident" sensor you will know it. The flashing caution triangles are not a result of a "critical incident". And yes you can lie about why it was tripped,but either way there is no disciplinary action for this sensor being tripped.
I have seen that critical event sensor come on often. There is a road that I run that requires a badly angled cloverleaf and 3 out of 5 days that critical event will come on. When we first got these new trucks, another guy was driving mine and he hit that cloverleaf and set it off. He reported it to terminal manager and I think that corp. got really tired of all of these events. As far as disciplinary action, that isn't even on my radar screen.

"As far as disciplinary action, that isn't even on my radar screen." That's a good thing since it's a non issue. The data collected is used to monitor pattern of driver behavior, for example if the truck is showing erratic maneuvers on straight highways just before sunrise each day or several days a week, the driver might not be getting the rest he needs.

"As far as disciplinary action, that isn't even on my radar screen." That's a good thing since it's a non issue. The data collected is used to monitor pattern of driver behavior, for example if the truck is showing erratic maneuvers on straight highways just before sunrise each day or several days a week, the driver might not be getting the rest he needs.

By all means let's collect data for MATT so more senseless regulations can be forced on us. Retirement cannot come soon enough.

More and more of the real freight companies are passing us up on the road. FedEx, UPSF, R&L, SAIA, ESTES. I am finding it harder to pass a Conway these days with their cute little green light of their driver camera shining.

Driving on any of Texas many 75 & 80 mph speed limit roads, we have become an obstacle to others. The other real companies have realized the increased speed and let their trucks roll. Here WE are just being in the way. All because of the leftists that run this outfit that have bought into the "going green" garbage think that the customers give a rat's a$$ how fast our trucks run. It would take us less time to make the run and IT DOESN'T BURN ANYMORE FUEL. I'm SO sick of hearing that drivel.

Read yesterday that Fla is going to raise the speed limit to 75mph on the interstate,70 on 4 lane divided highway,65 on 2 lane roads....I wouldn't mind 68mph one bit...of course that's on the pedal.