Awfully quiet here

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by CROCKETT, Nov 19, 2008.

1. CROCKETT

CROCKETT Member

Gee it's quiet here, everybody must be to busy working and getting ready for the holidays!!!! :shades:

2. FX Sam

FX Sam Member

R U guys busy at DFL?

3. CROCKETT

CROCKETT Member

Our terminal is, have heard it's a little slow in chicago, other than that ya never know what tomorrow will bring......

4. MAYHEM666

MAYHEM666 Member

We are slow at ORD, only averaging 600+ bills a day, allot of us are not getting all our hours, looks like it's going to be a long winter.

5. herrick

herrick Member

Hello Dayton frt drivers.I'm on your site for some info about working for Kelley Trans.I have had an interview last Friday with the V/P of Kelley a man named Art S. It seemes to be a good job but my real interest is working foy dayton as a transport driver.I am layed off from USF Holland and I wold like to find a place I can call home.My qwestion is if I accept the job can I transfer,and if so will it give me precidence over someone off the street?
    Ray

6. herrick

herrick Member

Sorry about the last name thing wonderring99.I think I had miss spelled it anyway.

7. herrick

herrick Member

Hay I called corp and a woman from H/R said I would have to talk to the T/M of that location so thanks anyway.

8. CROCKETT

CROCKETT Member

I don't beleive they let ya transfer, but if you want to send a message i can try and help ya out..

9. herrick

herrick Member

I have takein a job at a differint place its agood job but it will have me running all 48 states and Canada not realy what I wanted.I spoke to a woman from H/R at your corp and she told me to stay in touch with the T/M from that location and let him know I'm still interested.I had told the other job I would let them know by today so I was comited to make a choice by today,the job at Kelley was at a lower pay scale then I had expected.It had some good benefits but again it was living in a truck,so I took the one that paid the most.

10. MAYHEM666

MAYHEM666 Member

I'm glad you found work, I'll answer your question anyway just in case anyone else wants to know. You may not transfer to Dayton unless you quit Kelley Transportation and then you can reapply at Dayton 6 months later. They consider them two seperate companys even though Kelley hauls Dayton's normal freight on longer system dispatches. But anyway there you go.

11. herrick

herrick Member

Thank you for that info.I appreciate you taking the time to find that out.It sounds like I made the right choice for a change.Now hopefully my app for the job at Dayton will get me in if work becomes available. I applied at three yards I live in the tri state.

12. MAYHEM666

MAYHEM666 Member

You're welcome good luck to you and be careful out there.:1036316054:

13. 11th hour

11th hour Member

just wondering if dayton is going to hire any road drivers in the near future at the ord terminal?

14. MAYHEM666

MAYHEM666 Member

Most likely in the future, however it is slow right now as guys are sitting home from time to time. You can always log on to the dayton web site and click careers to see whats available that is the only way to apply, do not come to the terminal they only take applications online. Good luck to you.