XPO | Back ground check/Student driver

BVines

TB Lurker
Credits
How long does this thing take. I put in my two weeks and my job released me early, so kind of desperate to start.
Been 1 week I called first advantage they told me my past employers won’t verify but everything else is ok. Is this going to be a problem? Just really stressed out with the whole waiting game. My recruiter told me I can only start on a Monday so chances are I’m not starting tomorrow.. I got a lot of bills to pay if someone could give me some insight on the background check/hours for a student

It takes around three weeks. Out of the tm’s hands. Xpo has a retardedly long process.

How long does this thing take. I put in my two weeks and my job released me early, so kind of desperate to start.
Been 1 week I called first advantage they told me my past employers won’t verify but everything else is ok. Is this going to be a problem? Just really stressed out with the whole waiting game. My recruiter told me I can only start on a Monday so chances are I’m not starting tomorrow.. I got a lot of bills to pay if someone could give me some insight on the background check/hours for a student
I would suggest you talk to the terminal manager and/or human resources for the location you applied for.

They would be the best people to shed light on where you are in the process as far as getting hired.

I did my physical drug test etc. all I have to do is wait for first advantage to send over the report. I called them Thursday they said they sent it to xpo Wednesday and it would take 24-48 hrs to receive it. (They told me my employers didn’t verify my employment) Talked to the tm Friday he said he had nothing from them.. he said he wants to get me in ASAP but can only start me on a Monday. Just really stressed out tbh. I’m 21 have a house payment a wife two kids and two car payments and out of a job

Amazing how everything is being centralized and micromanaged. ( not going conspiracy theory X-Files ) The centralization and micromanaging was starting during Con-way era and has continued during XPO.

To the point local management cannot fill vacancies or expand manpower if the business grows in their area. ( without a heavy dose of corporate involvement ) It seems to be SUPER bureaucratic and bogged down.

Amazing how everything is being centralized and micromanaged. ( not going conspiracy theory X-Files ) The centralization and micromanaging was starting during Con-way era and has continued during XPO.

To the point local management cannot fill vacancies or expand manpower if the business grows in their area. ( without a heavy dose of corporate involvement ) It seems to be SUPER bureaucratic and bogged down.
I agree. Outsourced services is a problem with some functions,but a lot of it has to due with liked you said micromanaging everything to control cost or funneling every expenditure ( toilet paper included ) from the top. We run out of basic necessities to run our operation all the time because all requisitions have to go through approval process from the very top to local manger with each having to sign off before its ordered. If one person is missing or away for a week in that process ,everything is put on hold.

This is what Jacobs refers to as getting down to the meat and potatoes of the business.

It effects everything from the hiring process to buying sticky notes .

Last edited:
They hired a driver at my terminal 6 weeks later he was told they forgot to do a background check. Gave him 3 days off and back to work.