R&L | back to 68mph

puertorro

TB Lurker
Credits
this no to start a thread but to inform everyone that trucks are going to be turned back up to 68mph that's what the mechanic told me last night.

I saw the E-mail last night , apparently they agree that ther is now fuel economy gain as a Fleet running 65 verses 68 . That helps take a little time off my day of 500 plus miles :clap:

does anyone know if they are turning all trucks back up to 68 or just ones designated as linehaul trucks. i know at my terminal every truck has the potential for linehaul use so every one should go back up.

does anyone know if they are turning all trucks back up to 68 or just ones designated as linehaul trucks. i know at my terminal every truck has the potential for linehaul use so every one should go back up.

Ya can't do 68 between stop lights, big fella:biglaugh::smilie_132:

Ya can't do 68 between stop lights, big fella:biglaugh::smilie_132:
i only asked because we cover a very large area and out of state for our p&d area. when there was two different settings b4 they were all turned down, we had some tractors that were set at 65 and those guys did some long runs with interstate use.

MUST BE NICE!!!!!! I have to say i'll be glad when you boys are back up to 68 so you will just pass me and get it over with, and not make it so painful on me for a mile or two!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

MUST BE NICE!!!!!! I have to say i'll be glad when you boys are back up to 68 so you will just pass me and get it over with, and not make it so painful on me for a mile or two!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I know it takes sometime but is worth it,rather that than back off to give you some room then be in your tail again over and over all night.

Better yet, use your head. When or if you check your mirrors like you should, you would notice that a truck over the past 10 miles is slowly creeping up. When he makes his move to pass.........This is going to be hard to take............brace yourself............bump YOUR cruise down a couple..............brace yourself again.........and wait 2 miles, he will get around you and you lost all but SECONDS off of your run and traffic is hardly effected. I might have taken Mr. Hollands post serious. He could have been trying to be funny. Anyone upset over this post, I am soooo sorry and wish the best for you and all. Be safe out there.

I read the memo sent out to all the TM's & shops.

All equipment will be set to max speed 68 mph.

See your TM or shop, they have the memo.

This is really necessary in my opinion.As of now with the 65 max anyone doing between 60 and 64 is impossible to pass or stay behind so you reduce your speed on the cruise but now you have less power available so you hit the hills and have to come out of cruise to down shift.Now your not making full use of the fuel savings that the cruise gives.Very good decision on the companies part.

just wondering? what kind of fuel milage is everyone getting?im in a 1998 s/a international avering 6.1 at 65 mph according to shop they pulled up the twin screws milage from a year ago at 72 mph 7.3 mpg

just wondering? what kind of fuel milage is everyone getting?im in a 1998 s/a international avering 6.1 at 65 mph according to shop they pulled up the twin screws milage from a year ago at 72 mph 7.3 mpg
The best i've ever seen was 6.5mpg that was running in a snow storm.. Usually around 5.5mpg @ 72mph.....

Fuel mileage

If you are running city, you can get 7.3mpg, but running line haul, you will normally get 5.5 to 6.5 depending on where you are running at. The older trucks like you are driving get better mileage than the newer ones.....

The only problem with turning them down and up again is that it kills the climbing for some reason. But still 68 is better on the flats. Drive safe.