TForce | Back to business!

Only 20 of 55 plus drivers worked today.

Nothing to deliver, pick ups trickling in,
Customers calling to request empties dropped for switches.
Some still pissed at us. They’ll get over it.
One of the customers told us to "get our crap off his property and don't come back". We dropped a trailer yesterday morning at his place. But we had another that said to call them as soon as it's over and they will return. Still haven't heard back from them. You never know with people.

One of the customers told us to "get our crap off his property and don't come back". We dropped a trailer yesterday morning at his place. But we had another that said to call them as soon as it's over and they will return. Still haven't heard back from them. You never know with people.
It’s hit or miss, we lost a huge customer. Sales rep and up are begging. I’m sure this customer loves watching this beg fest play out. They are still testing waters with our replacement.
Local customers welcoming us back but insisting we don’t drop empties till they get word from their corporate”

It’s hit or miss, we lost a huge customer. Sales rep and up are begging. I’m sure this customer loves watching this beg fest play out. They are still testing waters with our replacement.
Local customers welcoming us back but insisting we don’t drop empties till they get word from their corporate”
We are Hustling in the city too. We had guys in the city calling customer to let them know we are open and need freight. The mindset is to get everyone back to work.
I'm only seeing packed trailers. We can only use so many in the city and we are packing it in to make sure not to miss anything. One customer gave me freight that wasn't our Monday. He said he heard we needed it. I'm not sure if it was from a saleman or a city driver. But I thanked him for it.

Last edited:
No matter what the customer says or how they feel, they will shop/ship with their wallets just as our members voted on this contract did.

My former co-worker told me yesterday.
That they were so busy already that every driver had to be called back.
He said there are a few out on comp., but everyone that were able to work were called in.
I asked if he thought many customers had left,he said most were back wanting pickups.

So at least at my former terminal it looks like there was not much of a hiccup.

Last edited:
Well its a start a few drivers in making pick ups. In a few days some routes running and traps being filled.
We are Hustling in the city too. We had guys in the city calling customer to let them know we are open and need freight. The mindset is to get everyone back to work.
I'm only seeing packed trailers. We can only use so many in the city and we are packing it in to make sure not to miss anything. One customer gave me freight that wasn't our Monday. He said he heard we needed it. I'm not sure if it was from a saleman or a city driver. But I thanked him for it.

Let’s be honest the primary way to secure this business again is through price ..

Never a winning strategy..

Good luck

Customers grew to like the bundling of freight with parcel.
Not only pricing,but convenience as well.
Only companies that can offer this is FedEx & UPS.

It's just a bump in the road for ups.
After awhile it'll be back to normal.
We didn't get an increase in freight. Maybe a bit but not enough to disrupt our normal flow. Might be different at other terminals. But it didn't make a difference at our terminal.
Good luck all. I hope it all works out for you in all honesty.

They got huge discounts for bundling and when it was announced to them that they were purging freight for a possible strike, they were reassured their bundle discount would remain intact.
So basically it was a win win for UPS being transparent and protecting freight from hostage negotiations.