Back to work we go!

Good point trk chk but I looked down the road from my barn in portland today and the tents are still up and people around whats up with that have you all not returned yet or still striking ? just wondering

Good point trk chk but I looked down the road from my barn in portland today and the tents are still up and people around whats up with that have you all not returned yet or still striking ? just wondering

The signs were taken down, but this situation is far from over. There is no contract in place and no trust with this company, we may be going back inside but the tent was left up just in case ?
None of us are back inside yet and no we are not still striking.

I saw all of the signs down yesterday, sort of figured what was going on. Good job people. They can finally take down that fence that has been hit and ran over so many times. I hope for a speedy recovery for everyone. See ya on the road!

Destruction

What I find so amazing is that they even WANT to go back to work for a company that they were so hell bent on destroying. Why don't they just go to work for the brotherhood and see how many other businesses they can ruin. Then let Union write their paycheck since that's who their loyalty lies with.

What I find so amazing is that they even WANT to go back to work for a company that they were so hell bent on destroying. Why don't they just go to work for the brotherhood and see how many other businesses they can ruin. Then let Union write their paycheck since that's who their loyalty lies with.

The VP's are the ones that waged war on the brotherhood, the brotherhood just responded to them standing together. If you were in an apartment building ran by a slum lord would you and the other residence take a stand to make him do the right thing and get the community rallied behind you? This isn't any different!!

The VP's are the ones that waged war on the brotherhood, the brotherhood just responded to them standing together. If you were in an apartment building ran by a slum lord would you and the other residence take a stand to make him do the right thing and get the community rallied behind you? This isn't any different!!

Slumlord, HMMM. You do not deserve to work for anyone with that attitude. Your brotherhood waged this war. Blame your losses on yourself and your woohoo "BROTHERHOOD". You must be one of the unemployed.

Man you are so right on. I think you are wasting your breath on the unemployed.

Man you are so right on. I think you are wasting your breath on the unemployed.

how can you guys be so stupid? the company had no intention of offering a decent contract which enabled the ulp's to come forth. if the company would have left everything alone they would have been able to maintain the expired contract for years. that is so stinking clear by the astronomical amount of money they have spent on the attempmt to eliminate the union! how can you be so blind??????? it is unimaginable to think of all the LOST money in all this. That money could have been better spent on keeping hard working people working and the company would still be the greatest ltl carrier in the NW as it WAS before they allowed the strike. :duh::duh::duh:

Don't forget to go to Costco and buy a case of Lysol to disinfect the tractors, who knows what kind of koodies those guys left!

Please tell me that a good portion of the crossers will be forced onto layoff, that will really make my day even better than it already is! Good lucK brothers and congratulations, the naysayers here are probably all the same person or managers.

Remember to keep a notepad and hold these bastards to the contract every little thing they do, keep it recorded get some more ULP's filed and they will have no choice but to finally negotiate fairly with you.

Don't forget to go to Costco and buy a case of Lysol to disinfect the tractors, who knows what kind of koodies those guys left!

Please tell me that a good portion of the crossers will be forced onto layoff, that will really make my day even better than it already is! Good lucK brothers and congratulations, the naysayers here are probably all the same person or managers.

Remember to keep a notepad and hold these bastards to the contract every little thing they do, keep it recorded get some more ULP's filed and they will have no choice but to finally negotiate fairly with you.

Watch your filth talk or step up and be a man. Obviously you are amoung the unemployed or you would not have time to exspell all this dung out of your mouth. Ah hell, your not worth aknowledging.

OAK HARBOR FREIGHT LINES RETALIATES AGAINST RETURNING WORKERS
February 27, 2009
Company’s Unlawful Actions Could Incite New Strike

Oak Harbor Freight Lines is attempting to fire thirteen workers, represented by the Teamsters, and illegally eliminate workers’ healthcare and pension plans after the union decided to end a five-month strike last week. Over 500 workers at Oak Harbor in Oregon, Idaho and Washington originally went on strike on September 22, 2008 to protest the company’s violations of federal labor laws. Prior to that, the Oak Harbor’s employees had never gone on strike.

OAK HARBOR FREIGHT LINES RETALIATES AGAINST RETURNING WORKERS | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

Seems you are not the only ones.

3 guys in Portland on the black list. Also 1 returning dock workers has already receivecd a warning letter, and another was verbally reprimanded twice.

what a moron, poor managment is the only reason for the ruining of businesses. incompetent personell that dont give a rats a** about people and only care about the almighty dollar. comments like yours are the reason unions need to exist. without the unions of the past we would not have the middle class of today. a middle class that is sinking farther and farther into the lower class every day. if managment would get their heads out of their a***** and spend more time DOING business rather than screwing their empoyees with all this frivilous numbers b******* things would actually get done. (a general reference to companies not just ohfl) If ohfl had any real business sense they would never have let this happen. how stupid it was to waste millions of dollars on a campaign to eliminate the union. from a business standpoint anyone of us caught wasting money like that would surely have been fired. I wouldnt be surprised if they ask the government for some of that bailout money. claiming that the union is to blame for their stupidity. blaming someone else for their predicament, is that what all the other companies are doing?

Slumlord, HMMM. You do not deserve to work for anyone with that attitude. Your brotherhood waged this war. Blame your losses on yourself and your woohoo "BROTHERHOOD". You must be one of the unemployed.
Nope haven't worked at OHFL never will, oh yes OHFL did wage the war, you must not have read the findings for the ILRF. They started this well before the strike. Oh and you must be one of words we cannot mention here.:loser:

I don't think the war is over. Ask the 13 guys who can not come back to work. Ask the dock workers who now have to take a $4 an hour cut in pay for no reason. Are the v brothers who denounced the union, chicken Fred and the rest of **** line crossers still working? I do not know what is coming but I don't think it is good.