Yellow | background checks

wyomingkid

TB Lurker
Credits
can someone tell me how long does it typically take big R to do pre-employment background checks, and what are they looking for that might get you disqualified.

p.s i have had an app in for about one month up in asheville,nc

like i said,mine has been in for at least 4-6 weeks and no response.i have just about give up hope they will call even though they are needing help badly so i heard.

The company seems to be so swamped with freight that help is needed just about anywhere. As long as you are bondable (no felony convictions), your driving record is clean, and you were completely honest on your app, there should be no reason why they don't hire you. If you want, it wouldn't hurt to call that terminal and express your concern. The fact that you are eager to work ther may work in your favor.

wyomingkid said:
like i said,mine has been in for at least 4-6 weeks and no response.i have just about give up hope they will call even though they are needing help badly so i heard.

If they needed 10 driver and a 100 applied. They will hire 10 of the most qualified. Even though you was honest and have a good work history maybe the men in front of you had a little more experience.

Another possibility is you failed or did poorly on the physiologic test or ethics test and or the other men did a lot better then you. Sometimes it takes a couple tries to get in. I got hired the second time I tried. Good luck.

no felony convictions and mvr is as clean as there is,8 years under my belt with accidents so i think there is a good chance of hiring on. not to mention there are 2 openings and only 4 applied.

this is a follow-up to the earlier post of background checks for pre-employment, a company called premier services called inquiring about my background.has anybody hired recently heard of this company,and will roadway look at credit history the second question is what will they base their decision on,(eg:driving record,credit,prior employment,safety.someone with the let me know.

just like your credit report you are entilted to a copy of your report with dac services ( I assume it is the same with premier) you have to put the request in writing and send them a copy of your ss card and driver license. I sent for mine and had it back in three days I was just interested in what it contained before I applied and a prospective employer saw it. Go to there web address for more info