Backhauls

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Who hates Backhauls more than me? Probably no one...we don't get paid for them anymore, we only get delay pay..it actually cost me money to get a backhaul..GRRR..whats a guy to do? Any other drivers having this problem?

Going to days I shouldn't have to worry about it much anymore..:woot2:

GT we just talked about how we dont complain in food and look. Your complaining. Just kidding brother lol. I never use to mind picking up backhauls except when I have to sit and wait for a couple hours to get loaded. But I've always been paid by the hour to so it wasnt bad.

Hey Brother Money, I'm guilty, I admit it..LOL!!! I do get paid for it cuz I'm by the hour, but it messes up my ABC I never can be sure if I'm getting delay pay or not, I call it in but I still wonder, I haven't seen an ABC sheet in a month or more, thats the only way for me to tell if I got my delay, delay includes sitting and waiting for a customer to open, ect. at least we don't have to really wait on our stuff here, I have the numbers to the two vendors that I backhaul out of and they let me know if its ready 99% of the time it is.

When I was at PFG we picked up at the chicken plants, we always had to wait, hours at a time, I guess I'm pretty lucky now days. :)

Local backhauls:Flat rate, then delay pay after one hour
Road backhauls:Hourly, with a minimum of one hour paid. Love road backhauls, especially the places that take forever to load. :)

Do you have a sleeper on your truck RR? That would make a big difference to me in waiting, a nice place to get comfortable and nap..LOL!!

Do you have a sleeper on your truck RR? That would make a big difference to me in waiting, a nice place to get comfortable and nap..LOL!!

Nope. I run a daycab all five days. Get a hotel on mondays nights on my over night route. Getting really good at sleeping across the front seat though :)

Oh my gosh Double R, you gotta be kidding!! I throw to many groceries to sleep across the seat, I have some time on thurs to nap, I get to OSU medical center to early. Other than that I'm throwing groceries, you oughta be ashamed...sleeping across the seat...you act like you don't throw a grocery one, you sure your not a freight hauler? LOL!! I'm just kidding Brother, I know what your sayin!! :)

Oh my gosh Double R, you gotta be kidding!! I throw to many groceries to sleep across the seat, I have some time on thurs to nap, I get to OSU medical center to early. Other than that I'm throwing groceries, you oughta be ashamed...sleeping across the seat...you act like you don't throw a grocery one, you sure your not a freight hauler? LOL!! I'm just kidding Brother, I know what your sayin!! :)

I usally empty out monday, so tuesday all I got to do is bump docks for bachauls. Monday is balls to wall. Rest of the week I really don't have time to nap unless I get stuck behind the milk guy friday mornings, but I found a way to get a head of him. Then I just take a nap at my fourth stop waiting for them to open.

At one time, was 45 minutes gate to gate. Now depends on what shift I hit. Overnight and evening shift are quick. Day shift is hit or miss. My first P/U tommorrow is a quick one. 11 pallets I will be out of there is less then 30 minutes. These guys are good.

Hershey pulls the same BS tommorow that they pulled two weeks ago, I'll get a nice 2 hour paid nap.

3 hours paid nap. stupid ^*$^s over booked for today. "It's only four pallets, we can get the driver out" they told my supervisor when he made the appointment!