TForce | Backing trailer with Dolly, WHY?

I can see damaging equipment when learning but if you know how to do it its no problem. When I run extra board its common to do 400-600 miles with 2-5 stops and 2-3 hrs worth of drops/hooks. It makes for a long nite so I do whatever I can to make my nite easier. Learning to back a dolly cost me a lot of time in the beginning but I looked at it as an investment as I got better at it I now save time. I didnt damage anything while learning but I did look like ****** for a while. Its much easier especially on rough, sloped or ice and snow covered lots. I also back sets. I didnt try until I could first control the dolly and then started practicing sets. I often come home with empties and back my kite to the fence with no problem, drop it and go. I admit its not alot faster but it is a little faster and alot easier. I really like it when its raining.

(Plus it looks cool!)

backing trailer with dolly

you should know how to do it.You might not choose to hook up a set that way,but you should know how.On a cold wet windy day it could come in handy.

Not trying to be disrespectfull here, but if It bothers you that much, instead of blaming MC drivers for the equipment damage, just mind your own business. Do your job and don't worry what other people are doing.
Hey Steve take 5:hysterical: :hysterical: :smilie_132: :smilie_132:

Ya right a truck driver that weighs 150lbs. Only driver I seen that light had tyts...............................................................................................................................................................:hide:forget what I just said, most drivbers have tyts:hysterical:

My man boobies weigh close to 150, getting out of the truck to many times causes them to jiggle and can cause an uncomfortable rash, I'll do anything to stay in the truck, sometimes I used to just leave my set hooked and let someone else unhook it...you know cuz of my man boobies...

My man boobies weigh close to 150, getting out of the truck to many times causes them to jiggle and can cause an uncomfortable rash, I'll do anything to stay in the truck, sometimes I used to just leave my set hooked and let someone else unhook it...you know cuz of my man boobies...
You might have to buy your first sports bar or use some baby powder:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

And regarding out of shape truck drivers.......I don't mean to brag but check out my pictures section under my myspace profile and you will see that some truck drivers(I AM a road driver) are actually in better shape that some professional atheletes. You know some of us actually do take care of ourselves............

MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/78520201

If you back up your dolly and trailer at the same time to hook your set and receive .3 for hooks. Are you stealing time?:duh:

No, your just starting on the long road of breaking even, but that's pretty much out of reach at UPSF. I haven't ran across someone who did. If you get there though, anything after that you might start feeling a little guilty about borrowing time.

I personally haven't heard one way or the other in terms of company policy. But clearly damaging equipment is something to be avoided. Three of those in a year and your gone. And try not reporting it and then get caught and you're gone. Remember, they keep that dolly number in the computer along with your trailers and tractor. Even though it's not always accurate, it is some of the time.

My feeling is that if you're good at it, I'd do it until told otherwise. If you want to practice, then you're better off not doing it with the company equipment. It's easy enough picking up occurrences without putting yourself out there to get them unnecessarily.

And there's been a huge push to reduce occurrences, company-wide. Each and every one of them goes through review with the regional safety manager.

Any Reason Why The Manufactures Of These dollies Do Not Desine a way to put this lines underneath the dollies so when you back underneath a trailer they will never be in the way? Oviouslly it it to sell more parts when we cut into them, more parts to sell more profit for them and it keeps the mecanic busy.

It just always chaps my hide when a driver wants to take about 10 mins. trying to back a dolly within a main lane of traffic in a yard. Is it too much to ask to move your back box some where out of the way so that you can hook your set without cloging up operations in the yard?!?

I suppose that some of us just don't have the common sense(or consideration, for that matter) to realize that there are others in the yard that are trying to get things done as well.......