ODFL | Bad accident in SEA yard

Sorry to hear of it. Condolences to his family and friends.

I'm very sad to report this .....Our driver has passed away. RIP Ross, you will be missed.
Can you please post more information for those of us that would like to send our thoughtful condolences and maybe show the Family support with a Gift of Love.
You can also pm me if you would like.

Can you please post more information for those of us that would like to send our thoughtful condolences and maybe show the Family support with a Gift of Love.
You can also pm me if you would like.

I don't have a home address for Ross. The best suggestion I can think of is to contact the TM or one of the OM's at the SEA terminal. They should be able to help out. The phone number for the terminal is 1-888-806-0890.

Just got off the phone with the SEA SCM you can send Condolence Cards to the Service Center at:
Old Dominion Freight Line
C/O Scott Johnson; attn: R. Johnson
600 S. 96th St.
Seattle, WA 98108

Ross was a very good guy, he would fill in for my meet guy when he was on vacation and I would see him in the turn yard a lot, he was a guy that went out of his way to help me many times. I truly cannot say enough good things about him, he was a good dude and will be missed. It is people like him that made this job a bit more pleasant.......Just cant say enough good things about him.:guiness:

My condolences to the family. I can't imagine how the hostler feels, and not knowing the whole story I will not assign blame.

But I will say that, in my experience, hostlers are notoriously undertrained and always in a hurry. Some places don't require a CDL to drive the truck because it never leaves the yard, and the drivers are usually from the dock in those cases. And a damn lot is expected of those guys. I know whenever I hear that whining engine I stop whatever I'm doing to find it just to make sure I'm clear.

This is a terrible, tragic accident. I hope measures are taken to ensure it doesn't happen again.

At UPGF we have to wear the high visibility vest. That being said they really don't make a difference we still have to watch for hostlers on the yard they are often distracted with paper work or computers. So sad to hear of this happening. Prayers to those involved for healing that surpasses all understanding.

Old Dominion would just make you pay for it out of your own pocket don't understand why they are so cheap
if you ask for one they should supply you with one not sure what barn your out of if you even work for od but if it is safety related there should not be an issue.....we can get them at our barn