Central Transport | Bad Planning or Bad Loading

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
Are we the only barn which either has bad planning or bad loading daily. It seems their goal is to just cram the freight on the trailer in whatever order they want regardless of the planned route. Daily several of us at our barn has to either strip trailer to make it work the planned way or just to re-route ourselves. Everyday it is screwed up some how. I will not move the pallets around in my trailer each day just to follow their azz backwards route. No way, No how. What a waste of time. Then they throw a few pickups in because dispatch thinks your following the route.

not here on a usual basis, maybe your last stop or 2 are on your tail due to late arrival and they wanted to load your trailer to make room on the dock. if it is more than a couple skids they know to hold off and load someone else, after about 20 times of making them strip my trailer they stopped doing it.

Are we the only barn which either has bad planning or bad loading daily. It seems their goal is to just cram the freight on the trailer in whatever order they want regardless of the planned route. Daily several of us at our barn has to either strip trailer to make it work the planned way or just to re-route ourselves. Everyday it is screwed up some how. I will not move the pallets around in my trailer each day just to follow their azz backwards route. No way, No how. What a waste of time. Then they throw a few pickups in because dispatch thinks your following the route.

allegedly it came from brad mott at corporate that no freight is to hit the dock unless a trailer is not in the door, force load it who cares how it is on there, that's what pallet jacks are for, we as dock combo drivers were told to load as we strip no matter what even if everything is on one side.

allegedly it came from brad mott at corporate that no freight is to hit the dock unless a trailer is not in the door, force load it who cares how it is on there, that's what pallet jacks are for, we as dock combo drivers were told to load as we strip no matter what even if everything is on one side.

this won't last too much longer, be prepared everyone.

Brad Mott is an idiot. Would that be so that we can get out of the gate faster?

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pain in the azz that is. Dockworkers need be the pallet jack operators for a few days so that they can see what it is like to deal with the crushed (wood) pallets because they have no clue how to pin wheel them with out breaking the running off or care what the drivers have to deal with. De-stacking a 170 cartons of Dollar store crap because the skid is blown out. Working 12 hours for 8 stops, 1 pickup in 5 different cities and taking the extra time to re-arrange your freight for the next stop, because the freight is azz backwards on the trailer and lets just throw a nursing home inside delvr in just to mess things up a little more. Brad Mott must not care too much about the extra OT incurred. Sorry, just had to vent.

What a pain in the azz that is. Dockworkers need be the pallet jack operators for a few days so that they can see what it is like to deal with the crushed (wood) pallets because they have no clue how to pin wheel them with out breaking the running off or care what the drivers have to deal with. De-stacking a 170 cartons of Dollar store crap because the skid is blown out. Working 12 hours for 8 stops, 1 pickup in 5 different cities and taking the extra time to re-arrange your freight for the next stop, because the freight is azz backwards on the trailer and lets just throw a nursing home inside delvr in just to mess things up a little more. Brad Mott must not care too much about the extra OT incurred. Sorry, just had to vent.

I agree, myself as a driver hate the way we are told to do it but as a dockworker I'm not going to take a write up just to make it easier on drivers, I try to use my head when stripping and only load as needed, like if I have a skid on my forks and see that skid is in last half of load with more than 10 skids to be loaded or if its oversized then like it or not that skid is hitting the dock,but if I can get it near where it needs to be on trailer then its going on. I also have loaded full manifest from the dock and it takes me an inexperienced lift driver all of 25 min to load from start to finish compared to wasting better than an hour in the field.

How about bad everything......The only good thing I can think of right now is my check cleared the bank.....Hmmmm...Yep, that's about it.

I agree, myself as a driver hate the way we are told to do it but as a dockworker I'm not going to take a write up just to make it easier on drivers, I try to use my head when stripping and only load as needed, like if I have a skid on my forks and see that skid is in last half of load with more than 10 skids to be loaded or if its oversized then like it or not that skid is hitting the dock,but if I can get it near where it needs to be on trailer then its going on. I also have loaded full manifest from the dock and it takes me an inexperienced lift driver all of 25 min to load from start to finish compared to wasting better than an hour in the field.
TM asked me Friday night if I knew anyone who would be interested in a drivers job at vitran. I told him " no offense, but I would never ask any of my friends to come here". He said, don't ask your friends, ask the ones you don't like. :LMAO:

TM asked me Friday night if I knew anyone who would be interested in a drivers job at vitran. I told him " no offense, but I would never ask any of my friends to come here". He said, don't ask your friends, ask the ones you don't like. :LMAO:
i would'nt even put my enemies through this, i never had a grudge that bad. lmao.

when people are put in positions and don't have a clue as to what they are doing. and don't think that they are screwing up even though the end result is damaged freight, lost freight. returned freight, missed appointments, appointments that are required but ignored, haz mat loaded with food {poision},hazmat loaded in trailers with holes in floors not small holes leaking roofs. i thought it was required that anybody working with haz mat must be certified. but it must not be. i guess in somebody'e special world with magic kingdoms and shrums or other mind altering things this system might work. my pixie stix dust has run out. my magic wand is a plunger.and i have tried to drink stupid away but i just can't. no person with a speck of self respect can explain the level of stupidy that happens here day in and day out. you can't make it up. not even if you tried. thats why i call it the freak show. the things they do. have proven it and they top themselves daily by taking it to another level. i never thought there was this many levels of stupid.but i have been proven wrong again and again. hell i go home at night knowing i'm not a stupid truck driver i'm just like that scene in spaceballs when he say's how many ass--holes are on this ship and they all stand up and then say's i'm surrounded by ass----holes that's vitran

i tell friends about some of the stupid things that goes on here and they laugh while shake their heads. i assure them that this stuff is true and not b.s.