Bad Towing Day

With hindsight in play ... What should have the tow-truck driver have done? Should he have anticipated that? Did he make a serious error in judgement? I don't think I would have ever seen that coming. Even the most seasoned tow-truck would have probably done nothing different. Yes, just one of those days.

Outside of a bulldozer chaining it and dragging it back on to the road more I can't think of any other way it could have been saved. Especially if it was fully loaded. Now how in the world do you think they will retrieve it from that terrain?

It will take a mile long cable & a mountain to tie off to avoid another one going over the hill. Perhaps a Chinook can be brought in or best of all just write it off.

I'm having a little trouble understanding it. It looks like it was being towed with a only a cable between the two vehicles. So...how was the towed rig being steered?

I'm having a little trouble understanding it. It looks like it was being towed with a only a cable between the two vehicles. So...how was the towed rig being steered?
Evidently it wasn't, and in this case that was a good thing. I'm not sure if a driver was in it if he would have had enough time to jump out before he realized he was doomed. Again with hindsight in mind. How should have this situation been handled? I'm not sure with the slick conditions that even another tow-truck cabled in along side it could have prevented this from happening.

Last edited: